1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pay for a TV Licence Even if You Don't Have a TV!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Stevie Tea, Apr 5, 2014.

1. agreed.

2. As I understand it, his last post was bigging up a rock legends thing on youtube. Which was, unbeknown to him, a BBC production.

For me BBC Radio6 is worth the fee on its own.

3. BBC Scotland and R4 very good. i got a phone call last week from someone wanting me to pay a license for the work radio. its not happening.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. The world is changing. Everyone starts with WIFM and don't give two farts about anyone else. Why should TV be any different?

Personally I have no issue with the way it's funded. I have an issue with chasing hall of residents etc and work place.

5. Just seems to be a progression similar to other countries.
    In Sweden if you have either tv, radio or internet you pay the full hit,
    and its about 220 quid a year.

6. You beat me too it ;)

• Like Like x 2
  7. I thought the idea of the license was for live broadcasting?
    Do the Iplayers have that functionality?
    If it wasnt for the others who live in my house i wouldnt own a tv, i think the lot is crap and would rather be out or listening to music personally

8. Funkys been locked up for granny shagging
    (Anyone remember the pics of his missus he posted )
    Pmsl

9. the BBC is a unique way of funding…so they tell us!! wheres the choice though in this modern world why do we have to pay? i have a choice with sky bt etc…..

10. Why dont they just sell out to advertising like everyone else and remove the charge to the public?

11. I can go with that.

Whilst it's noble of the BBC to bang on about no adverts it's technically not true as they just advertise their stuff although not half way through a show I admit

The world is full of adverts, I'm pretty used to that and if they have to do it so that I'm not forced in to paying their 'fee' then so be it.

IMO its quite simple, they send vans round the country trying to catch non license payers, I presume that uses up lots of license payers funds? Well how about you simply block the channel on all the free view boxes, sky and everything else and you get an access code when you've paid. Use the money you've saved to improve the security of access/logins etc

As for the radio just bin it completely, they're not offering anything the rest of the world isn't for free and in many cases far better so why the hell should I pay for it.

It's an old fashioned idea the license fee and it's ran the course, change tact, streamline and perhaps concentrate on the quality productions instead of blowing all our money on wanky actors and shite scripts.

The whole reason threads like this have such varied replies is because we all have different ideas and preferences, that's the whole point. The bbc doesn't allow for that, you're either in.... Or you're in......there is no opt out.

Imagine if BT sport was a mandatory thing and everyone had to pay for that?

12. Damo, you're way off the mark. Ads in the middle of programs are a pain in the ass. As for radio...there is nothing out there approaching Radio 4 for variety and content. And nearly all commercial radio is the same format and again ads get in the way imo

A good idea i heard the other day. Make it 'free' with ads or subscribe and go ad free for TV. Seems a step forward in my nook, alas just as they aim to do the opposite!

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. But most people would opt for the free option and those that didnt would have 3 mins of nothing as they wouldnt split their broadcasting to differenciate between the two ... its not cost effective unless they charge a lot of money for the "ad free" version.

I do think a log on is the way forward. But then wouldnt most people just watch things on the iplayers an hour later to avoid the charge anyway?

14. You never know what you have till its gone.

I crack up at the posts bemoaning the BBC. Especially the radio one. Commercial radio will only have the interests of those who pay at heart. Non commercial radio has the artist at heart. That is why BBC R6 is by far and some distance the best and most eclectic radio station in the whole world. :Headphone: Period. BBC R4 too is quality. The only people who would not recognise this fact would be uncultured and have shit music taste anyway and wouldnt know a tune if it smacked them in the arse. :eek: :rolleyes: :Banhappy:

Of course I am bear bating here. Hehe. But after all, isnt that the purpose of this thread? :Woot: I am an unashamed BBC fan. I'll fight anyone after school who wants to have a go. :Chicken:

15. f..k bbc radio.:Cigar:

16. British Broadcasting Corporation Fin. You dont count as you are a foreigner. :Mooning:

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. BBC Radio 4 - Last bastion of civilization. Except the Archers of course, which has me flying across the room to hit the off button.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. tbh i am getting in to it.

19. Not the Archers ffs

Do Not Sell My Personal Information