1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Pikes Peak Pikes Peak Version?

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Twin4me, Nov 10, 2015.

1. It's not true unless there is pictures guys

• Like Like x 1
  2. I went for the Tuneboy option, custom remap with 3 different trim files that you can change at anytime on the fly, and Q/S with autoblipper on down changes, it's fantastic and improves an already superb bike.

Mines a 2013 twinspark by the way. I would really recommend doing this upgrade to anyone.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. I rang my local dealer for the price including urban pack and touring pack which is less goodies than my GT model....price is £21,000.00......trade in on my 63reg GT is £8500 (I paid £17,250.00).................that will be £12,500.00!.....Guess what, I won't be changing,ever!

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. I'm waiting until march now for my PP so I can ride the KTM super duke GT first, 3 k less with more spec, very disappointed don't want to leave the brand but what do you do.

5. Stick with what you got like most of are doing mate I was prepared to buy one but apart from the paint job i prefer my DVT S with full Termi and carbon jewellery im not going backwards in technology now ive felt the quality and convenience of the Skyhook
    I was massively disappointed with the spec on the PP it may have swung it if it had forged wheels

Regards Neil

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Seems a lot of bods have the same feeling regarding the Dvt so maybe if sales are slow, come March they'll be a deal to be had on a pp !

I too wanted a pp but by the time I've spec'd it to what I want it's £23k so I'm now looking at the GT but the issue I have is I've never paid the screen price when paying cash, but there seems to be no deal to be had with pre-orders apart from a bit off the extra's.

7. I got my DVT S in Red "what i wanted as the white looked grey to me" including touring pack for £15300 for a straght cash sale and when i first enquired they said there was no deals !!!! this was new September so deals are there .

8. Who is the dealer ! I might give em a call and ask about a pp.

9. Come on lads - we've all got to chip in to cover the 20bn plus cost of the emissions scandal!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Been waitng for PP to change my12 MTS 1200s. Really dissapointed when the spec came out.
    Main beef is lack of electronic suspension as the multi gets used for one up / two up / touring / blasts and love the ease of adjusting the suspension.
    Plus why only the end can when surely most will ditch this for a full system?
    So ordered a DVT S with all the bits (panniers/top box/c-stand/h-grips/full termi) and then plenty of carbon bits to suit and will give it a paint job.
    Price comes out about the same but will end up with a better suited bike I think.
    Was told they have gone more 'sports' orientated with the PP but I think this is missing the point of why most people would have them.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. I'm waiting until march now for my PP so I can ride the KTM super duke GT first, 3 k less with more spec, very dissapointed don't want to leave the brand but what do you do.
    Thats it, I really like and get on well with the sky hook, and me being heavy I know to get the ohlins right it will need a beefier spring on the rear
    and I dont see why I should do that on a brand new bike.

12. I was told the same, gone more sports orientated, yeah right, money saving more like.

13. I totally get the Ohlins upgrade for the sports model,as that is exactly what is should be the sports model,it should have full termi,lightweight rims,loads of carbon,updown shifter,launch control ect,what Ducati have built is neither one or the other,it has a identity crisis and is 2k more expensive than the previous model.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Have you read the whole thread :laughing: we're on about the specific Pikes Peak model and the 2016 value for money, or not as the case may be :sunglasses:

15. Am getting ready to do the same , just waiting for them to go on sale shortly .Did the quick launch feature launch feature come with your package ?

16. I pre-ordered the PP earlier in the year, and must say that I too am disappointed with the final spec. I am however going to follow-through on the order, as I've been looking forward to getting into the multi, and I'm really hoping that the spec sheet just doesn't do it justice!! Perhaps Ducati are holding back on a few things?!! Or perhaps I really will be just disappointed!!
    Either way, will keep you posted when I collect next month and will be interesting to compare to my KTM 1190 Adv R!

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. I'm in the same boat as you, but told the dealer I'm going to wait and ride the new SD GT now in march, I notice your in Norwich are you using Searstar ?

18. Yes, Seastar, good guys always looked after me in the past!!

19. Cool, I'm in Kings Lynn and also use seastar, please keep me posted on your purchase and how you find the suspension I'm very interested,
    are you riding a multi at present ?
    cheers, Barry

20. I've had Ktm Adventures for 11 years, now riding a 1190R. We're traveling less nowadays with 4 kids, so something sportier' good! I've hardly taken my 1190 off road, so don't think I'll miss that aspect... Will see how I get on with standard settings for a while, then get over to MCT to get suspension sorted.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information