1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Pikes Peak

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Steelboss, Oct 10, 2021.

1. Looks cool without the hand guards, what Bar ends have you fitted?

2. The Ducati/Rizoma ones.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hi Guys, simple one (I Hope), how many links in a 2022 V4 Pikes Peak chain?

4. V4 Pikes Peak is 126 links (525)… I fitted one of these and recommend. Expensive, but is incredibly low maintenance… just needs cleaning (no lube). Need a quad stake chain riveter to fit it. Other cheaper options available though.

https://www.louis-moto.co.uk/en/dri...luded-10017600?filter_article_number=10060836

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Thanks MutleyV4S, I ordered the HPE from Louis Moto and they sent 124 links, hope they pay for the return and replacement !

6. IIRC the 124 link HPE is for the V4/S/GT - I had one on my V4S.

Think you’ll be ok. I’ve found Louis Moto great to deal with even though they’re based in Germany they have a UK website and pay excise duty upfront. on the one occasion I had to pay it on delivery (some Daytona boots) they credited me the difference within a few days.

I’ve got two spare HPE master links. If you cock up the quad staking let me know.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Few rumours circulating that the PP will be discontinued at the end of this year with only the V4S, Rally and RS versions next year.

8. Well that would ashame, I think the Pikes Peak paint job is much nicer than the RS, sorry if I offend any RS owners

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. That would be a really stupid move. And would probably send me back to BMW.

10. :scream:

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. The M1000XR would be on my radar, if there was no more Pikes Peak.

12. Awesome machine, just looks like tarts handbag :( luckily you've already got a PP

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. The main reason I went for the PP over the M XR was suspension. The Ohlins on the PP may not be top drawer but its a million times better than the budget basement marzocchi on the XR. Marzocchi can't even make a decent fork for a mountain bike ffs :joy::joy::joy:

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. Looking for opinions please...

Had my 1260PP for nearly 3 years now, done just under 2000 miles on it, mainly meeting DOC Surrey and riding with the amazing bunch! However, I have some strong equity in the bike and considering moving to a V4PP and if finances allow maybe a V4RS. Sadly I don't know anyone with a V4PP, but I do believe there is a chap that may have one in the club, but haven't met him yet. But I do know that no-one in the Southern branches has a V4RS. I appreciate the price difference and opinions are subjective, however, from watching this thread most V4PP owners came from a 1260PP. I personally, love it. However, she is a early 2019 bike and maybe a refresh is on the horizon. But, then again I haven't ridden a V4 in any form and I do know that they are very different engines.

*Edit as realised I didn't ask a direct question**

Which would you pick and would you change??

#2254 HB Ben, Jul 28, 2024
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2024
  15. Sorry,,,,,what was the question??

16. I’ll try and make it to one of the next meets, so you can see mine, and I’ll answer any questions.

• Like Like x 1
  17. I came from a 1260PP, sold my bike to a mate, so I still get a ride on it from time to time.

He took the bike from me in January 22(?) and I didn't get my V4 until June (the useless italian twats...). So I hadn't ridden the V2 for a good number of months.

Before we swapped bikes, I'd have said the bikes are quite similar, until the first time I got back on my old one and realised how different they are. I'll list what I think below:

1. The riding position is quite a bit more spread out on the V4, the bars are closer to you on the V2. The V2 is more of a sit in as opposed the V4 which feels more sit on. Not better or worse, just different.

2. Top end power is very similar, but the V4 really comes into it's own in the midrange. Noticeably more grunt and therefore (IMHO) quite a bit easier to ride quickly. It's a far more refined engine. If I was to be critical, I'd say it has less character than the V2 and lacks the noise and occasion. I have a full system and when I ride with my mate, I can't hear mine over his. A bit of a shame really as I loved the sound of the old bike.

3. The electronic suspension was a concern for me. I'd owned the 1st gen water cooled GS1200, god knows what I was thinking, and never really got on with the handling. The bike seemed to regularly second guess me and I rarely felt complete confidence in it. Those concerns disappeared after the first ride. It's best suspension I've ever had.

4. The dash/tech is a step up. Not life changing, but nice.

In summary, the V2 PP is a great bike, I loved mine and did wonder if I was doing the right thing by swapping.

The V4 is a very different bike, but for me, much much better

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. I'm trying to ignore it.

Spoke to a couple of owners a few weeks ago and they were very impressed. They're a nice looking thing.

19. Carbon wheels on our roads , oh no , I would break those as bent the forged ones on my 13 Gs . My choice of roads are to varied for fancy carbon .

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  20. And £5k extra for the M Competition pack (and the black paint scheme) and no way of carrying luggage other than the pillion seat.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information