1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Pikes Peak

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Steelboss, Oct 10, 2021.

1. Good luck with that!

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. Any idea why they’ve provided us with a folding gear lever on this bike?

It’s the only moan I’ve got, hopefully Gilles will come up with a solution soon.

3. I hadn’t noticed that

4. Nor me

5. I don’t know if it’s in my head, but I’ve had a few quickshifter issues, probably me being lazy, in fact I’m 99% sure it is, but it still seems a weird thing to have on a road bike.

6. It’s fashionable (imo) and people would feel short changed if it didn’t have one. If you are from pre QS era you might be confusing the QS/Ecu by tickling clutch on changes. If I forget and do the above it can sometimes do the QS ignition cut after the change has completed, either turn the QS off or stay off the clutch.

7. I think you’re right Macca, it’s only happened at the end of a ride. Probably not concentrating!

8. Because the Multi was designed as the V4S first and foremost and they were not about to manufacture a different lever for the PP.

It's ultimately about how many parts can be shared with other bikes and the cost savings made.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. It's for when you go "off road" in Tesco's car park :)
    Oddly I seem to have worn / flattened the end of the rubber on the gear lever - I blame Welsh roads!

10. Just got a reply from Gilles Tooling. By coincidence, they’ve got a V4 Multi in next week for prototyping.

Hopefully, many products to follow soon!

11. Hooray! I’ll be ordering a gear lever & rear brake lever the minute they’re released!

12. Well, come on, don’t leave us hanging!

13. Have only ridden down our cul de sac. Will try to work tomorrow

20220712_192332.jpg

20220712_192322.jpg

20220712_192312.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  14. Is for when the wife comes on back as a back rest lol. Plus have got panniers so can do some touring

• Like Like x 2
  15. I think that's one of the only pics I've seen on here with the screen in the "up" position, I was wondering what it looked like so thanks for that.

Also, I notice a kind of grease effect on the front radar. When I saw some bikes in the showroom the other day, I noticed a lot of them had a kind of smearing or something on the radar. Wonder what that's about?

16. Can't say I've noticed it on mine.

Possibly the fact it's a matt finish?

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. My bike is being PDI'd but I went to see it and noticed the same on it. Touched it and smeared it around. Seemed to be an oil or grease. All the others seemed to have it.

18. Could be sex wee. I wash mine off regularly.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. More miles than I've managed :confused:, mine was delivered 2 weeks ago and it's not yet turned a wheel, wanted to wait until ppf was fitted, well that was done yesterday and I've already fitted the tail tidy, rad guards and lights of intimidation, so big day tomorrow, it's first outing :fist:.

Hope you enjoyed the ride to work, trust you went the long way ;).

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information