1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Pikes Peak

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Steelboss, Oct 10, 2021.

1. I just hope it performs better than the BMW "M Endurance Chain". Not sure who actually manufactures it, but it's not great. The dealers themselves hate the marketing of "0 maintenance". They tell me it's "less maintenance". But whilst it might not need lubing (as often), it seems to stretch in more increments so needs the chain adjusting more. If the HPE one is like that, I'd rather just lube the chain as it's easier than adjusting it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. The M Endurance chain is made by Regina... so same chain

https://www.asphaltandrubber.com/products/bmw-m-endurance-chain/

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Seems like marketing bs to me. I’ll stick with my non fling chain wax, and get the dealer to keep adjusting my chain for me!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Well it works for me and feel it’s better for the reasons I bought it . As for it’s the same as an oiled chain I would disagree as mine needed no adjustment after a 2.5 k thrash in Spain , fellow rider , standard chain , similar mileage need to adjust the chain .

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Lazy bugger

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Go on try one , don’t follow the crowd , don’t be scared or guided by previous threads or posts , it’s a gamble . Worked for me as I decided to find out myself rather than make a decision on reviews .

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. I was prepared to try one, then I realised I already had one! (albeit on an S1000RR and not a Ducati). Not impressed. Modern chains seem to need way less adjusting and lube anyway, and the Endurance Chain didn't seem better, needing plenty of adjustments whereas the regular chains I've used have needing adjusting once (after a small run-in) and not again until they are nearly at the end of their life. I did about 8k on my old 1260 with no lube on the chain and it was fine (lasted 20k miles) - note, this wasn't by design, the scotoiler had a fault.

8. I finally went for the same RK ZXW in black as I had on the 1260.

Found 126 link version on kitdearrastre.com

Hopefully, they’re not on a siesta!

9. On the chat of chains, is hub/chain adjustment tool for the streetfighter/ pani the same for our bikes? I’m assuming so…

10. Hey there. My PP is due for delivery in March. What are the ‘must have’ Ducati accessories. For instance I’m tempted by the touring pack at around €1k. Should I go for the additional lighting or fit Denali aftermarket lighting?

11. I wouldn’t put either of those on. It’s a Pikes Peak, not a GS!

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. By that logic wouldn’t a panigale be a wiser choice than a PP?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. I've never found the extra lighting necessary on my old 1260 or my V4. The cornering lights are excellent already. A lot better lights than any other bike I've ever owned. Personally I'd save the money for other toys (I think you'll have most of the must haves (for me anyway) in the touring pack).

14. I have gone for touring and urban packs (not aluminium) so that I have the option of being able to load up when I’m on my longer trips throughout the year. The boxes are removed when not needed for my scooting around the North. I like the Givi tanklock system in the urban pack as well as it holds all the essentials and can be taken with you when off the bike and isn’t bulky.

Ofher options? I went for the hands free fuel cap, tpms and heated seat.

Finally, but the first option I went for was the radiator guards (bought from Evotech rather than Ducati) - essential.

All the best.

15. I think what the gentleman was saying is that there is always the the standard V4 or the rally if you're going that route so why the PP. However, for me I get your point as I want one bike to cover all bases.

Personally, I went heated grips, seats and panniers, no center stand/touring pack as I have a bike lift. Also the hands free fuel cap is a winner.

Other than that, I have everything I need.

16. I get what the gentleman is saying and practically I agree with him. I just like the single sided swing arm.
    What really prompted my post was that I met a guy in Spain who had minimal farkles on his bike. Heated grips were as much iirc. His rationale was that he wanted to keep the weight of his bike as low as possible. Personally I don’t have the skills that could take advantage of a few kilo’s weight saving. Also I want to tour on my bike.

• Like Like x 1
  17. The lights aren’t worth bothering with. Unless you’re taking the Mrs away for a month, you can get away with soft luggage. My point is, if you want to festoon your bike with dick lights and hard luggage, there’s much better options out there.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information