1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Popham Airfield this coming Saturday!

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by AndyW, May 30, 2012.

1. Andy you sir :biggrin:

A little disappointing that only five (AndyW, Anthil, Kirky, PilotPaul, Pete1950) made it but not that surprising considering the short notice of the meet, it being a Saturday, the weather forecast and of course the Jubilee celebrations weekend! What idiot :rolleyes: thought the roads would be pretty quiet??!! Good job most of my route was fast rural/back water B roads..........short stretch on the A whatever to Shepton Mallet on the way there - ooops! last day of the Bath & West Show....4 miles of bumper to bumper and similar on the way back for the last 2 or 3 miles of the 303 south bound on the way home before I peeled off at Stonehenge!!!!!! :crazy: .......at least on a bike you can make some progress!! (between the idiots trying their best to block you :frown: )Great to meet you guys (again....Tony).........my round next time Kirky and I will be making every effort for EMM 2013!

Observation............all red Mutleys today:
    First thought on arriving.........the slower blacks and the whites would be along presently :tongue:....not the case so must be something else?
    .........owners of red bikes aren't scared off by the forecast of rain maybe?! :tongue: :tongue:
    Yeah I admit I almost cancelled........dry all the way there and back in the end :)

Photos:http://ducatiforum.co.uk/groups/mts1200-south-se-sw-s-wales-owners-d10.htm

#21 AndyW, Jun 2, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2012
  2. Hope you all arrived home safely & good to meet up again guys.

3. 5 bikes and 5 different screens, tells a story

4. Great to meet you all this morning. The weather improved as I went back up the M3. By the time I got home the sun was out and it was nice and warm !

Hope you all had a pleasant ride back to base. See you a week Wednesday Ian, not long to go now.

PP
    :upyeah:

5. Sorry folks, I did not make it....after painter man did a few cracks on the house it was mid day before we set off....m25 was a mare down to the m3....I then popped in to Liphook to purchase a new used bike trailer so that Delilah could come on holiday too!

Only drove past Popham at around 4pm...

Funny thing trailers....had a riderless red multi on my tail all the way to Sidmouth:)

Let me know re the next meet! :upyeah: so that we can make it 6 red mutleys :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information