1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Portishead Meet

Discussion in 'Rideouts & Events' started by TORTUGA, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Sunday weather looks good, Meet at 1000 at the cafe at the lake grounds, Esplanade Road, Portishead, BS20 7HD. We could do a run to Cheddar via Burrington Coombe twisty gorge then down Cheddar Gorge for Chips. Then ride via the Lakes on the way back.

2. Im not around Sunday but as soon as my bike is here with me I would love to join so please keep updates coming for future rides and I shall be there
    Hope you all have a fun safe ride

3. Bum. I'm already committed to a ride-out to Bude with SW Bikers on Sunday for the http://www.budemotorclassic.co.uk/

If your trip doesn't get any takers and you (or anyone else) wants to come along we are leaving Tiverton Maccy D's at 10:30

4. planning on being there.

5. Don't worry, the weekend after and I am camping, then I will look at another.:upyeah:

6. I'm at castle Combe with my race simulator on saturday, but hopefully should be able to make sunday.

Deaks :)

7. What time do you think you might be in chedder? Some Sunday mornings can't do and this is one of them, afternoon is fine but I expect you will be long gone.

8. So is Sunday on or not?

9. Yes this Sunday 28th is a go, I bet by the time we have had a coffee and a chat, we wont leave before 1100, so expect to arrive at Cheddar at about 1230, we will be there for an hour at least before returning.:wink:

10. Take it easy as you go thru Cheddar. I went thru today and the road's being relaid so horrible surface for Ducs at the lower end of village :-(

11. I currently plan to join this, albeit I will be on my -ahem- British bike.

lack of MOT and tax currently on 916.....

ill park the other side of the car park!

12. i am sure there are a couple of jokes here-i think it's pop bands-I can work out the first picture. Clearly that's the Thompson Twins.

the second one? I am not sure, but is it the Spice Girls, sans clothes?

13. Is the gorge open or do we have to go round?

14. I read open at weekends.

15. Did you all get out? we never made it over to Chedder.

16. Hope you all had a good-un. I had an excellent 10 hour day out on the bike - a good few hundred miles in all. We went from Tiverton to Bude for the motor show and then back along the coast via Lynmouth for tea & cake. I'm up to 1300 miles and 13000 rpm on the running in routine and the bike is getting seriously BONKERS at those revs! I'm not sure I'll be able to use the last 3000 revs unless I'm on track!! :eek:

17. First Meet
    :upyeah:
    TT600, Deaks, Tortuga and Daver848 (Daver848 in the car today, but turned out to say hello). Nice ride to Cheddar to warm up with hot drinks and some chips. Nice to meet you all, give it a couple of weeks and we will have another one. Sounds like you had a good day out Dave, I saw a D16 in Portishead this afternoon, not yours obviously. Catch up next time.

18. Highlight for me as tail end Charlie ( non ducati, respectful,distance behind) was seeing young lad, after two 999s had gone past chew lake at 'reasonable' chat, applauding with a big smile on his face.!! Nice one.

good run.
    thanks tortuga for initiating.

19. Big thanks to tortuga for organising the meet up. I had a good time. I didn't notice the young lad applauding, but we were pushing on a bit ;-). Looking forward to the next time.

Deaks

Do Not Sell My Personal Information