1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Press Launch Of 2015 Multistrada 1200 Dvt

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by andydmcn, Feb 11, 2015.

1. When Hell freezes over.

2. I would like to see a similar bike but without the long travel suspension. I quite like what BMW have done and retrofitted much of the new GS into their new R1200 RS. The Sport SE is a lot of bike for the money also.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. That's a lot of Multistradas in one place, looks like the EMM!!

Lot's more pics on the Ducati website and Facebook page

[​IMG]

4. Really do hope you can respond to some of the realistic questions like have they improved the display to be more waterproof or made the fasteners more corrosive resistant? We all know it's not going to be shaft drive so no reason to waste your time on those topics. Thanks for the updates!

5. You'll get a politicians answer at best. You wont get realistic answers, for that to happen they will be admitting the issues exist to warrant fixing in the first place, there in lies the problem as it leaves themselves open for recourse.

6. Just found the first English language "first ride" review of the new DVT Multistrada, from Motorcyclistonline.com.

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. Pretty good reading :( Dam

8. Wish I hadn't read that!! Doh...!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. So does the windscreen work ?

What about the centre stand and left heel ?

10. I don't need the engine to be any smoother,never had a problem and I live in London . Your right hand controls the smoothness, headlights are great on my 2013, so disagree with the writers comments. Plenty of torque already,the only area I might ask for more is a top end rush. If skyhook has been improved that's no bad thing.

11. Dash, cruise and most importantly seat height for me. A couple hp makes no difference whatsoever and I love how mine handles and never been snatchy

Looking forward to seeing how they have sorted the seat height adjustment..

12. Well the one I sat on at the bike show was set to lowest.however the seat feels wide and firm in the crotch area,so gave me the sensation that the seat was too high. There is a lower seat available as an option,but the standard lowest setting did not fill me with confidence. I am about 5'7 5'8.

13. I'm 5'8 with Gimley inside leg so it's a challenge. Think I may go buy a custom seat, so if that makes it easier two-up, which is when I have an issue

Thing is, if I keep the multi I have to start spending money on things like exhausts, carbon and other trinkets

14. I found the one at the show lower than my lowered 2013

15. The one at the show was a pre production model with a seat that was barely attached.

16. There were various seat heights at the show,2 bikes were set to lowest standard seat height setting.

17. I see the reviewer only gives it 8 out of 10 though which depending how you look at it isn't great considering its a complete redesign.

Personally in its current guise I think it looks fat and slightly awkward like a tall scooter, perhaps with a higher seat, smaller screen and a few bits added here and there (carbon, exhaust etc) then it might come alive a bit.

But for now it just looks a little safe styling for me, almost Japanese

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. If I recall they did not have the low seat either at the show.

19. We'll all get a chance to see what it's like when we road test it. I most certainly do not think there is anything Japanese like in its design or otherwise!! The Japanese are good at copying but in my opinion have always lacked innovation and will play it safe time after time. When ducati decided to launch the mutely it was right in the middle of a world recession. A brave move and it paid off. Japan sat back and did nothing. Look at Yamaha, they tried to sell the super tenere as online orders only which bit them in the backside badly. Hats off to ducati for being brave in the face of a world financial crisis.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information