1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Probably A Question For The Racers About Sbs 841ds1/841ds2 Brake Pads

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Android853sp, May 15, 2023.

1. Big Willy = More fun :dizzy: (Pads that is..)

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Thought I’d share here as it’s relevant to the post.

SBS SD1 or SD2’s with Brembo HPK discs and a set of Spider air ducts for cooling.

This set has done three rounds of racing (4 sprint races per round and one endurance race each all finishing on the podium - so decent pace) and four days on track in Spain at Andalucia.

Still have life left in them and felt strong before changing today.

IMG_4033.jpeg IMG_4029.jpeg IMG_4032.jpeg IMG_4031.jpeg

3. Did you run a DS1 & DS2 pad in the same caliper? Or one side DS1 and the other DS2?

Great results by the way.

All the best
    Pablo

4. We've tried all sorts on mine and my lads race bikes, and found Vesrah to be the best
    We used Zo4's for year's both for him and I, and he ran the DS1 and 2 at BSB (Admittedly, separate times, and not the mix combo)
    The Vesrah are less than half the price of there SBS DS pads, and they offer a very similar feel to the DS1 but admittedly don't last quite as long, but had better initial bite and progression than the Zo4
    We tested them back to back at the Snetterton round, which is a hard circuit for braking (he does 55's on a 600 there) and we've been on Vesrah ever since, which has pleased my pocket a lot :)
    In terms of life span, a set of Vesrah's lasted 3 days at Jerez at the end of last year (doing 45's) and were only about 50% worn, which is comparable to a Z04 pad. (for anyone using the cheap SBS DC pads, at that pace, you'll easily do a set a day, and have to sand them between sessions as they glaze quite badly)
    Vesrah have a new compound out now, and he'll test those at Catalunya Circuit next week

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Which compound Vesrah are you using Graeme? ZZ’s? And how much you paying/from?
    I got a set of DS1&2 from Reactive parts £228, however waiting for them to turn up. This was comparable with Vesrah prices.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information