1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Qatar Mgp *spoiler*

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by bradders, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Cal taking Ped's ride :upyeah:

2. its not dark tho is it? there is enough lights to light up 70 fools ball pitches so they say! but i wonder why they hold a race there at all? it only has a population of 2 mill or so and the bulk of that (80%ish) are extremely low paid workers from abroad..
    i worked there in 08 and never saw a bike on the road (although there was a harley dealership) so it is hardly a bike buying nation! i dont know if anyone noticed today but the aerial shot showed a near empty car park...the capacity of the circuit is only 8,000 and it wasnt even full!!! So ticket sales cant make it worth while... It's a cool track and the riders seem to like it when the sands dont come in but there are plenty of cool tracks else where so why? if a track over here that sees 200,000 over a weekend struggles to make profit how does it work?
    another interesting thing is that it took a 1,000 workers a year to build at a cost of us 58mill in 2003 how little must they have paid the 1000 workers? non of this adds up to anything but its all a lil curious

3. unlikely i think.. he's to old and proven to be a bail out merchant. ped's ride will go to a tito or some thing surely

4. or maybe lorenzo when rossi shows him up for another season:Wideyed: na thats crazy talk

5. :Bag: just seen bradders post.. thought we were talking end of season or something

6. They didn't replace stoner when he had his sabbatical so you wonder if they will dani. Esp as MM is the stronger of the pair. John Hopkins is looking for a ride...or they could follow ducati lead and go for a great past master..what's doohan doing these days? ;)

7. they will drop dani cold and he will wind up as a grafter like edwards or hayden if he's lucky

8. Stoner riding at the Suzuka 8 hrs apparently, just for fun and a jolly?

OGR

9. It's not at all hard to understand.
    The Qataris want the GP for the exposure it gives their country.
    They have money coming out of their ears so for them the money is irrelevant. They almost certainly pay squillions to host it. Say you have 200'000 spectators at £100 each (which you don't) elsewhere. What's that? £20m? Small change to the Qataris. They could blow that on a shopping trip to Harrods.

How do you think they got the World Cup in 2022?
    Same reasons, same method. What other explanation could there be?

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. Well, bye-bye Dani.
    He wasn't going to beat Marquez in any case, so it won't make a whole lot of difference.
    I assume that some other Spaniard will be drafted in. It's not as if they haven't got anyone to choose from.

11. its times like this where they either pull from a satellite team or draft in a test rider

12. I've just got back to Abu Dhabi from watching the race in Losail. Whilst the track and Doha are soulless places, the race was awesome. Dovi on the GP15 was so fast down the straight but I think he left the braking a tad late on a couple of occasions ! Rossi just looked sublime and really comfortable on the Yam.

It was a great race, my ears are still ringing and with that I'm off to bed.

• Like Like x 5
  13. ET. What are you doing up at this time? How many times have you watched the race already? :)

14. he's a vampire

15. Can't sleep. Got a very important day today so I've got lots on my mind. :)

16. Shame if he does quit. Short term difficult one, Stoner no chance but MM brother odds on just how quick can Honda make it happen. Can I just say well done to Dovi and Iannone.

17. I know I've been saying for ages that Pedrosa should move aside for someone else, but I really don't want him to do it now. If he quits it leaves the door open for Stoner to return, and the last thing I want to see is that miserable twat back in the paddock.

• Funny Funny x 3
  18. Can't see the honey badger getting the ride either, too much of a liability. Redding..?

19. Michael van der Mark?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information