1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quotes

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by XH558, Mar 24, 2019.

1. I went to a pub quiz in Liverpool once but couldn’t hear the fella asking the questions, so I just answered them either The Beatles or Steven Gerrard and finished 3rd.

• Funny Funny x 3
  2. "having the courage of one's convictions" - easier said than done, but rarely seem to master it so far.

3. upload_2023-4-28_4-9-14.png

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. One must not let oneself be misled: they say 'Judge not!' but they send to Hell everything that stands in their way.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. "is that the fought you fight or the fought you fink?"
    I.A.P. 1945.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. " I'm old .
    Ugly buildings , prostitutes and corrupt politicians all become respectable with age "

- Noah Cross

..... classic movie fans will probably know this one .

7. Sunday Bloody Sunday.’ What a great song. It encapsulates the frustration of a Sunday, doesn’t it? You wake up in the morning, you’ve got to read all the Sunday papers, the kids are running around, you’ve got to mow the lawn, wash the car, and you think ‘Sunday, bloody Sunday!’”

A. Partridge

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. "The hegelian state was created over 100 years ago, managed through constant & permanent conflict."

Anthony Sutton - (America's secret establishment: to the order of skull & bones)

9. “Photons have mass? I didn’t even know they were Catholic.”

Woody Allen

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. The UK planning authorities have carried out more damage to British architecture, than Nazi Germany's Luffwaffe bombing missions.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. " Oh Lord, give me chastity, but do not give it yet "

- Saint Augustine

12. "The deep critical thinker has become the misfit of the world, this is not a coincidence. To maintain order and control you must isolate the intellect, the sage, the philosopher, the savant before their ideas awaken people" - Carl Jung

-----

Discipline yourself to save money, it's essential too success - Isocrates

-----

Remember that poverty does not come about by diminishing wealth but by multiplying desires - Plato

-----

No matter how much you want, but the more you have, the more people will envy you - Xenophon

-----

Judge your success by the degree that you're enjoying peace, health & love
    - Aristotle

#812 GunZenBomZ, May 5, 2023
    Last edited: May 5, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  13. "What's life all about, our own self-gratification before we die, with helping out others along the way through this wonderful minefield laid out for our own personal challenges."

05/06/2023
    an anonymous petrolhead biker (not me).

• Like Like x 3
  14. Hey Rishi Sunak, we British folk have an old saying in this country, and your Full of it.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Rishi was born in Southampton so being British is probably fully aware of the old saying.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. It wasn't a race reference!, but based on a James Bond movie with Timothy Dalton speaking that sentence.

17. I thought he was English ?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. my wife once trotted out that age–old saying : – "least said, soon is mended"
    I said, "no, not unless you've had a lobotomy "

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. @Fairy Cringe (first quote)

Harry Day, the Royal Flying Corps First World War fighter ace, remarked that “rules are for the obeyance of fools, and the guidance of wise men”. While this quote is now dated and should refer to both men and women, there is a lot that Harry Day can teach you.

-----

“You know and we know, as practical men that the question of justice arises only between parties equal in strength and that the strong do what they can, and the weak suffer what they must.”

Thucydides, History of the Peloponnesian War

-----

You know what you do in a city about to be bombed by a nuclear weapon? You bend over & kiss you're ass goodbye.

Gerald Celente

-----

Conservatives & corruption go together like fish-n-chips

Supertanskiii (Tan)

#819 GunZenBomZ, Jul 14, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  20. If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.

George S Patton

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information