1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Random 'ducati' Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Exige, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Did you get any pics of the Desert X Rally?

2. Looks like a Chingshong 125....

3. Sorry no, they had one there (Pro Twins) and it looked really smart, you can just see it behind the Multi

#6623 Twin4me, Apr 9, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  4. distinct lack of red at the back end, i think they could have gone for a red exhaust trim. :upyeah:

5. What a ugly looking thing

6. Yip!

7. Not a looker but amazing engineering when you get up close, and you gotta love hub centred steering!’

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. The engineering has it, the rest looks like it should be trapped in a jam jar and released back into the wild

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Probably the best summary I've seen for this beastie :upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. For all the engineering & physic 'advantages' of hub centred & funny front ends they have never really caught on in either production or race bikes. I often wonder if it's because it feels & rides 'funny'.

The only one that was/is a production success is the BMW Telelever which seems to be a close relative of the years old girder fork with both reacting in a similar manner to forks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. The Yamaha GTS1000 I rode years ago was lovely for what it was aimed at.
    It wafted along at a quicker pace than you thought you were doing, but the front end under braking did feel a little odd until you got used to it.
    I didn't push it hard, and it would have taken some adjustment to riding style to hustle it through corners.
    But, I'm sort of sure that once adjusted your speed A to B would improve.

The impression, or lack of Dive under braking was more marked than the attempts made with mechanical and electro-mechanical gadgets(valves) by all the major manufacturers in the 80s/90's.

I'd like to try one now, but have it on my list of one of those things that should be adopted for say touring bikes, but is held back by motorcyclists general disapproval of anything too different. Just like Belt drive instead of messy chains.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Perhaps it's not necessarily the lack of dive that makes funny front ends unsuitable for racing/sports bikes but the lack of front tyre feel they impart (at the limit).

I've often thought the same as yourself about the take up of belts but wonder if there's a design issue with the frame & swingarm because of it's width. Especially with large tyres.

13. You're probably spot on there.

Pet subject of mine that I've posted about before.

14. 'Dive' can be engineered either in or out with both the Tesi design and the aesthetically more pleasing 'Hossack' style front end.
    I have always wanted to try a Hossack style middleweight bike, i doubt i will ever do it now though.

• Like Like x 1
  15. download (74).jpeg download (88).jpeg download (89).jpeg

• Like Like x 9
  16. The page number made me do it.., the power of the 3 !

• Like Like x 1
  17. Pleasure toy.....s

20240413_124431.jpg

• Like Like x 7
    • Funny Funny x 5
  18. Strangely enough i've been up the Caterham bypass six odd times in the past two days and did notice a Ducati with the solo seat heading up the hill for Godstone, it could've been you i guess.:upyeah:

#I wonder who's in charge after the loss of Jacqueline Gold.:thinkingface:

• Like Like x 2
  19. #I wonder who's in charge after the loss of Jacqueline Gold.:thinkingface:[/QUOTE]
    I was in Cala d'Or probably 20++yrs ago and she was on a fantastic gin place boat in harbour.
    I'm toying with the idea learning to paraglide and was checking out Green Dragon Airsports in Woldingham which is 64 miles arse numbing motorway miles on 916 from my house. My big brother just emigrated to Peak District, which is another option, but probably 170 miles each way.

• Like Like x 2
  20. I was in Cala d'Or probably 20++yrs ago and she was on a fantastic gin place boat in harbour.
    I'm toying with the idea learning to paraglide and was checking out Green Dragon Airsports in Woldingham which is 64 miles arse numbing motorway miles on 916 from my house. My big brother just emigrated to Peak District, which is another option, but probably 170 miles each way.

.[/QUOTE]

I’ve done a little paragliding learnt in Hope Peak District. Possibly one of the most exhilarating pastime I’ve ever taken part in.

Good Luck

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information