1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Random 'ducati' Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Exige, Aug 1, 2014.

1. IMG_4801.png

• Like Like x 5
  2. Really? Show me a standard SP5 that looks a lot different to mateys Tripple eight then...

Steve R

3. Pokers corner, it possibly went political or controversial.

I’d have thought wasteland and then start a new RPT .4

4. IMG_1541.jpeg

• Like Like x 8
  5. slowly getting there,mot and single seat on
    IMG_8225.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  6. IMG_7605.jpg

I was referring to this bike. Not knowing the bike I can't say for absolute certain from this distance that it's the real thing, but I can say for absolute certain that it's far more of a "looky likey" SP4 than it is SP5.

• Like Like x 2
  7. It's an SP4... genuine article

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. The white frame and Ohlins front end gives it away.!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. I was referring to the triple eight shown just previous to my post, I missed the SP4.

Steve R

• Like Like x 3
  10. Pretty much as it came out the crate with the exception of the SM exhausts. The originals are packed up for safe keeping. The only other non standard bits are the dash surounds which are RSR carbon parts (again originals all boxed up as these disintegrate if the bike gets dropped..), reduced depth rear seat pad courtesy of @Bridgland (oem in a box), an optimate charge point, and a replacement screen (have a Ricambi original in a box... lol). Even the grips are original, but with antivibe covers over the top which keeps the oem ones in one piece as an added benefit...

Was thinking of changing the rear caliper to underslung as I have the bits and it looks quite nice but that can wait for when I next change the tyres.

Oh and the number plate hanger frame is, you've guessed it, in a box...

I like my boxes! :joy:

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  11. IMG_4376.JPG
    That one is an original SP4. My 888 is a Strada dressed up as a SP5.

• Like Like x 7
  12. Like I said before, an absolutely gorgeous example! Now that I've built a certain version of my ideal "916" ( a bitsa 996 "SPS" that is considerably lighter and and a bit more powerful than the real thing ) I find myself in ever deeper lust with the original SPS. But that's as rare as, and barely distinguishable from it's slightly more common brethren. So I also lust pretty hard for your SP4. Please never hesitate any time you feel like posting more photos !

• Like Like x 3
  13. She's also a beauty Bridgland ! I applaud your creation. Perhaps I saw it in Practical Sportbikes (RIP) awhile back..?
    I partially applaud your creation because I'd like to do the same someday and build an SP4S tribute. I wasn't rich enough to buy a proper 996 SPS, but I built something even better. One day I hope to do the same with an 888.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Thank you. You can see the rebuild on www.ducati888.co.uk

• Like Like x 1
  15. …….and she was in Practical Sportsbikes just as we hit Lockdown. It was the feature bike and before I converted her to a single rear seat unit.

IMG_0067.png

• Like Like x 3
  16. Ducati SP4 004.jpg New Pics 032.JPG

• Like Like x 10
    • Funny Funny x 3
  17. The superlight I bought was also featured in PS.

mag 1.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  18. I miss Practical Sportsbike Magazine.

Was a good read each month.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. 851&RC30 173.jpg

• Like Like x 6
Do Not Sell My Personal Information