1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Random Picture Thread Vers.4

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by El Toro, Jul 5, 2024.

Tags:
  1. pictures in all posts on the RPT.4 please, it’s the law.

5F14EA1A-AC6E-4C1D-9735-F7335D2EBBC1.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. image.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  3. IMG_9979.jpeg

it's a good year for cob nuts

• Like Like x 3
  4. IMG_9970.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  5. IMG_2350.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  6. beach.jpg

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Lumberjacks.jpg No Stihl backthen.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. And no Health and Safety At Work Act 1976, either!

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. We have a Cob tree in the garden, every year we look forward to harvesting some but the resident Squirrels nab them first.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. same here, and have done for over a decade. I wouldn't mind but they don't even wait until they are "ripe" and the tree usually gets decimated in around a week.

• Like Like x 1
  11. They make short work of it for sure. Our neighbours at the bottom of the garden trapped a few Squirrels last year and released them after driving a considerable distance. I did point out it was futile and illegal to catch and release but hey.
    Another couple of Squirrels replaced them fairly quickly

12. ev.jpg

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  13. i'm serious, but I'm glad that you value your Cob nuts because down here people haven't got a clue and yet they would probably buy them in a shop, bizarre. There was a lovely, massively established tree up the road which produced massive Cob nuts most years. I used to scrabble around picking up whatever dropped over the wall, but often got some really funny looks as nobody seemed to realise the value of them. One year they then lovingly chopped the whole tree down!

• Like Like x 1
  14. 5f0gfo86ggq11.jpg Surely they'd only need a funeral undertaker when the shit hits the fan based on that size wood.

• Funny Funny x 3
  15. Dare I admit that I've strung lengths of 1" rope between the larger trees in our back garden because I love to watch the Squirrels run along it.
    It's also good exercise for our aging Dog Toby who dances round in circles right up on his back legs underneath them on the rope having chased them up the trees.

Obligatory Random Pic:
    Tobi 5.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  16. 3CEED10A-65BF-4D93-8DE3-6149747BA8F7.jpeg 3CEED10A-65BF-4D93-8DE3-6149747BA8F7.jpeg
    As far as I’m concerned they’re vermin, but I can understand your interest in their gymnastics.

A real squirrel so rare and not at all in most areas of the UK.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Cob nuts are Hazelnuts aren't they?

18. It's the same family, just a different variety, like there are different varieties of apples. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  19. I’ll ask the resident Squirrel. :mad:

• Funny Funny x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information