Random Youtube Video

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Boomshanka, Mar 16, 2019.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
  3. Amazing overtake

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. This nearly had me in tears :joy::joy:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • WTF WTF x 1
  6. e.g. :- 4.54 sec/326mph

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. The cameraman/video editor does a good job of trying to impart what 10,000bhp is like when a top fuel drag car goes down the strip. But I'd say it's impossible to put it on a tv screen.

You really have to be there to experience it. I'm not a regular attendee, but I'd say it's definitely worth getting to Santa Pod just once when the top fuelers are running.

For my money though, the bikes are more impressive. Keeping the throttle pinned with the front wheel off the ground and using bodyweight to steer it away from the wall. That really takes big cahoonas IMO.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Really miss going to Santa Pod (written elsewhere on here) best I saw was Peter Crane do a 5.97 (details below) and accidentally caught a piece of rear tyre rubber during a burnout (it was still warm). Best bit was the night racing when they would "tip the can" but rarely satisfied the punters, and to see two Funny Cars or Top Fuel rails run side by side hardly ever happened back then at night (mid 70's). When I realised that we would never regularly dip into the 5 second sector like the Americans, I stopped going as much.

John Hobbs was something to see, I do agree.

https://britishdragracinghof.co.uk/peter-crane/

9. bikes have changed a bit!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Santa Pod is such a great day out. The runs are awesome and it's great that you can get up close in the pits. My Grandson got up really close (a few years back now though). Personal opinion ...... if you've not been before(?) then the FIA European Finals (Thur 5th to Sun 8th September 2024) is the one to start with.

IMG_0919.JPG

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Do you know if that smokes up 2 stroke oil, if it does it’ll sell by the bucketload.:)

• Funny Funny x 3
  12. Nah!…….2t oil…..that’s orrible, but 7R on the other hand, now that is the scent of the gods

13. This ^^^

A Top Fuel full send is like a bomb going off. The violence of the thing is visceral and you feel it as much as see and hear it.

14. These guys are insane...kudos for their builds at such a young age. :)

15. I watched that a couple of weeks ago..they have great skills that is for sure but more money than sense, that thing will be unrideable.

16. love this - a cross between Fitzcarraldo and Ichiban Moto. impatient viewers can jump to near the end. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Here's a little video I made many years ago.
    I was so close to this Tyrell F1 car when it launched that I was pelted with hot rubber from the tyres!
    The sound was flippen amazing!
    If you get a chance I can recommend a visit to the Shelsley Walsh hill climb.

• Like Like x 1
  18. I had a customer who raced there, he went on to be quite successful at managing his own circuit racing team in various series.

Been there too and got stung by a swarm of Wasps when I was about 10.

#700 DucatiScud, Dec 12, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information