1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Rear Bearings Gone At 6100kms!!

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Arnie42, May 12, 2022.

1. Can’t be sure other than the new bearings had the Ducati part numbers on the invoice. I didn’t ask Neil re the bearings that came out as by the time I had paid the invoice, Ducati had already declined any good will. I was going by what had been discussed on the forums re the poor quality main bearings fitted to 2011 - 2012 MTS1200 and Diaval bikes. I have attached some pics of the fragments that I mentioned.

A13D21C8-26F2-4D03-9797-0326A12C8F32.jpeg

567B2FF1-83A2-4705-9AAC-878F0813945B.jpeg

59453041-0DCA-4341-B54B-3B44D1F520D4.jpeg

2. Thanks. OK , I understand. Well, those fragments betray catastrophic failure. COmapring to mine, which were RHP, mine did not disintegrate in that way. but surface deformation of a ball had gradually increased. And the tracks help up well.

Perhaps then, it was a limited run of poor bearings bearings fitted, , and a Chinese-sponsored state factory had made claims about bearings that did not stand up. If that's the case I am still astonished, because I cannot imagine a motorcycle's engineers falling for claims on mains bearings by a Chinese start up. Sounds more like a finance/marketing management intrusion into decision making.

3. Received my new bearings and they were both RHP, with 'Made in England' stamped on them, as expected. SO I'm happy.

4. Better than Campagnolo wheels on bevels that used to crack and break but not much. Only time I've renewed bearings on my 17 year old 999 was when I fitted Dymags, no failures yet.

5. Don't know about these days but back in the '80s all the Jap cranks with ball/roller bearings used Koyo bearings, this includes on race engines. Personally I would still use them unless of course someone knows that they are not the same quality they used to be.

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. Pity they didn't use 'em on the old bevel cranks.... :)

7. My mates Multistrada V4 rear wheel bearings failed around the 9k mile mark.
    My mates Multistrada V4 rear wheel bearings failed around the 9k mile mark.

8. A170h-76-RL.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Might come in handy ...:thinkingface:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information