1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rear Scorpion Punctured after only 1900 miles.....

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Ape2Duc, May 20, 2013.

1. it must be something with these scorpions i had my first rear puncture in 28 years of on road riding at 1955miles have now put rp3s on totally transforms the already superb mutley now awaiting our pending italy/austria trip in 11days 3 hours and twenty five seconds but hey ho whos counting:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  2. You can use the 190/50's on the rear but it effs up your DTC brain. 190/55 is the go.

3. PR3's are the business! Accept no substitute ;-)

4. I seem to have read quite a few stories about punctures on this tyre!

Ordered and being fitted tomorrow, I have made the right choice I think......

5. Fitted! How bloody quickly do these turn in?!!! lol

Having to remove the exhaust to remove the rear wheel is a PITA!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ape2Duc you could have had my Rear Scorp for £25. Has 4/5mm of tread all over. Now have a set of MPR3's fitted and just got back from a 650 mile round trip to York and the moors. They were fine. The scorp is on the for sale/wanted bit of the Forum.

7. Too late now mate, oh well

8. Pilot Road 3....
    Wow, just wow!!!

Transformed the bike!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Has anyone tried Pilot Power 3's? as opposed to Pilot Road 3. Can't see any reference to this tyre in the forum.

10. MCN have tested a set of Pilot Power 3's on a Hyperstrada (which I think of as a 800cc Multi) and MCN were complimentary, so I think I will give them a go.

11. off the back of that comment I have ordered a set for my Multistrada!

I am off to the Dutch TT at the end of the month and its guaranteed to be wet. i am travelling over with three really quick lads who are on sports bikes and will be 'pushing on a bit' so want to trust the tyres.

.The original Scorpions are only 600 miles old so I will chuck them on the Bay to see if I can recoup some of the cost.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information