Rebrand to Ducaudi

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by hyperetard, May 15, 2012.

1. Porsche SE tried it before dumbly shorting their shares and VAG taking 49.9% of Porsche AG. Now Porsche SE owns 50.1% voting rights in VAG.
    Funds sue Porsche over VW short squeeze - FT.com

#21 J0n3s, May 16, 2012
    Last edited: May 16, 2012
  2. Yes, Porsche own a large chunk of VAG and VAG own a large chunk of Porsche. To cap it all off the two ruling families are closely related.
    As they are the two most profitable car companies on earth per unit sold i cannot imagine why this is a bad thing. Perhaps one of the family should marry a Fiat family member and bring them into the fold.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yes. :upyeah:

Not forgetting Hannu Mikkola & Stig Blomqvist. Stig was reported to have amazed the Audi bosses by being the first person to use left foot braking to make a 4-wheel drive rally car slide around corners.

I spent some happy hours in the Forest of Dean watching Group B cars race through the night in the old RAC rally during the 1980s.

Group B cars:

Audi Quattro Sport S1 Rally Group B "Total Tribute" - YouTube

4. Had the great pleasure of being taken to a track by my uncle back in the 70's and seeing Rauno Aaltonen make cars 'dance' ...... never forgot how effortless he made it look, or the advice he gave to the drivers there to "let a vehicle flow through bends, never force it to turn or it will bite you" ...... and wasn't surprised to learn much later that it was he who had taught Blomqvist, Mikkola, and many other scandinavians the finer points of car control .....

He also turned his hand successfully to bike racing and apparently even power boats ..... bloody show off :wink: :tongue:

5. :upyeah: Wow! that Quattro tribute vid bought back some memories, some great shots of Rally NZ. Somewhere in NZ there is a works Quattro that was sold here as Rally NZ was the last of the season and they sold it as was more economic than shipping back to Europe, used to come out every so often for Hill climbs, classic rallies, and the odd street race, it was effin awsome!!! to watch. :biggrin:

6. I get 0% voting rights in my wifes VAG !

7. That's alight bud, she gave me 50.1% & they are coverable preference shares :biggrin: I can exit early or hang around for the big payout :wink:

8. yeah hang round for the big payout.....with my baseball bat..you scoundrel:smile:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information