Recovering Bypass/key Codes 848/1098/1198 Dash

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by chrisw, Sep 10, 2022.

1. Can you help at all! I have a 2010 ducati with (2black keys) 1 was lost . I want to copy the remaining key and have 2x black keys that are the same can this be done with the min zed bull?. Thank you

2. Which bike?

• Like Like x 1
  3. 8
    Ducati 848 2010

4. I forgot to add, no code card came with the bike when purchased only 2x black keys thanks

5. If you have 2 x black keys then the code card data can be calculated from the transponder in the keys. Read the key transponder using a Zedbull Mini then use my MK10 Excel tool to calculate the bypass code.

6. hi, i only have 1x black key. 1 was lost a few weeks ago thank you

7. You can still calculate the bypass code from the single key. This code will allow programming of a new key. The new key needs to have a coded transponder, not one of the blank cloning keys off ebay.

8. Check your PM

9. Hello, I had a hard time
    Chris did a great job. Thank you so much!

#29 jangisu, Jun 3, 2024
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2024
  10. Check your PM

• Like Like x 1
  11. Thank you very much for your kind and quick response.

12. Hi chrisw, i have a Ducati 848 evo 2012
    I lost my two black keys but fortunately I have the code card. I already have a Zed Bull and the T5 chips to write the code. Is there a way to know the code of my original keys? Or should I write new keys and use the PROG function of the motorcycle to overwrite the previous keys?
    Also thank you for sharing this information.

13. Read the PDF file attached to my first post. That tells you how to recover the transponder codes from the dash.
    Alternatively
    Do you have someone who can cut a key from the mechanical code? If so then you could get two new keys from Ducati and use the bypass code to enter key programming mode.

14. Yes, I have someone who can do the mechanical code, I will remove the ignition switch and take it, I also already have the blank keys.
    Do you think that the keys that Ducati sells are random? That is, if I write the PDF code with Zed Bull to a chip and then use PROG on the bike, do you think it will accept that code?
    17291048662646392410421600306589.jpg

Do Not Sell My Personal Information