1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Removing Datatool S4 Bike Alarm

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by comfysofa, Mar 28, 2015.

1. I had a data tool on an MV Brutale which left me stranded in the middle of Lincolnshire.
    Once I got the bike home it came off
    On that it was just plug and play
    The plug from the starter relay was plugged into the alarm and then a plug from the alarm went onto the starter relay and then under the tank a plug from the fuel pump was connected the same way. Took 10 minutes to remove.
    The one on the Ducati 748 was an earlier model and was soldered in I haven't removed that as yet the loom and alarm are in a box

2. Crisis over lads - its out!....not too bad in the end - the only thing that pisses me off is that something I didn't really want someone paid for to cut into the loom plus they drilled into the rear panel by the light for the LED - so, gotta order that.....never mind - its out now...

2 wires to the indicators
    1 wire to the power
    1 wire to the rear light
    1 wire going to a plug which wasn't going into anything....is that some sort of diagnostic plug??
    IMG_20150328_142842.jpg

My new bike - not even owned for 24 hours!!

IMG_20150328_142855.jpg
    Gents - thank you very much for all the help and the people that had with their alarms what I could forsee what would be inevitable...Gotta buy another roadlok now as mine doesn't fit!!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Looks like it was wired in just to make noise and not immobilise any circuits.

4. Good to know - at least he didn't bite into any more wires !

Do Not Sell My Personal Information