Repairing Marchesini Forged Wheels

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Arctic Silk, May 29, 2024.

1. Good news on the costs:). To be clear - which side is the damage in your original photo, the 'face' side or the other side?

2. That will buff right out…

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. So just a quick update for everyone - Protyre were having none of it in terms of compensation for what they had caused. One carefully worded letter later explaining how I will be taking this to a claims court and they suddenly pay up to the tune of the full claimed amount outside of court. Hope this never happens to any of you, but I can advise if it does…

• Like Like x 8
  4. What is the process of it being repaired to be as strong as when it was forged ?

5. Interesting thread. I have the same on the original 999 front - which I didn't notice until after the spill (that twisted the forks). I simply do not see how the way I came off could have done that - or, really, by anything but a tyre lever. The implication being that it was done at the then-recent tyre replacement and I didn't notice it, not looking with more than a glance, trusting the place implicitly - and that they did it and wheeled the bike out to me with their fingers crossed behind their backs.
    Obviously by the time I saw it it was too late; even going to court would probably fail.
    So I bought Duke of Stow's Ducati Performance pair - in black, which I prefer; won't go there again - who I won't name for the same reason I won't even try to take them to task; and won't make that mistake again.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information