1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replacement dashboard

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Nik the greek, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Got it here, am wondering if I can just register for a dashboard, and leave it (even after warranty period over). Keep the option open and only change if gets worse, saves hassle both ways.

Bugs

2. That's exactly my intention Bugs,warranty runs out nxt month so I'm going to vista my dealer before. To be fair they've said they operate a goodwill warranty on parts and a rolling warranty on parts already replaced ie clocks, discs etc

3. Ok good plan then, but please post if Ducati / dealer have agreed to do it -WITH labour or not. I am wondering there could be some caveats they throw in...

Bugs.

4. Just seen this thread. My Multi showed a glow in the neutral light last week when the indicators were on and it became constant when the fuel light came on. Took it back to dealer and they are going to replace under warranty. Bought the bike new in October and it has only done 800 miles. I hope they have done a mod to resolve this otherwise it will be a pointless exercise to replace the clocks. I also asked about reprogramming to the correct mileage and they told me they would ask Ducati if it could be done. I guess the answer to that one will be no then!!

5. Milage on the 10`11` and 12` bikes, can`t be changed. The 13` Multistrada is the first Ducati with digital odometer that can get the original milage set in a replacement dashboard. This is done with Ducati diagnostic equipment.

But I think soon some electronic gurus will have cracked the code, and can set what milage you want on your dash!

6. Here one also, my dash showed a glow in the neutral light and petrol warning light. Great service of my dealer to pick the bike up and change the dash! Too bad that Ducati didn't supply them with a decent one, because a little over a 1000km later the same problem has showed up... Indeed, again a new dash will be mounted.
    I'm pissed of that a bike of over 22.000 euro is built up with this crappy parts!!! :mad:

7. :frown: I agree. They really need to get the technology right if they are going to use it and charge customers for the privilege.

#27 Nothingbettertodo, Mar 12, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
  8. Might be worth talking with CJS Tuning

9. Just before I sold mine the dash started to show condensation during winter riding that didnt want to disappear. I think designing and testing in Italy possibly means that rain ( and diverse weather) is further down the list of testing than it should be.

10. Had the same problem and had the dash changed under warranty, mileage was recorded in the service book. Must admit the low speed running can be a bit lumpy which i put down to the usual fuelling issues of a big twin, never thought it could be down to a malfunctioning floater in the tank. I wonder if it's the same person putting all the floaters in or it varies depending on which model is on the production line.

11. Forgive my ignorance! What is a floater in the petrol tank? Is that slang for the fuel gauge sender unit or something to do with/affect the slow running smoothness?

12. Den

I presume the former

13. I think he's talking about the sender unit for the fuel gage - a problem that a few of us had which seems to have been fixed now.
    Nothing to do with the slow running.

14. Thanks for clarifying that.

15. Just been down in Cornwall this weekend and when in the rain, the centre of the oil light warning lamp was flashing in time with the indicators - seemed to cure itself today when dry? Anyone know what would cause this - never happened before in 4 years?

Not overly bothered as out of warranty and I'm not spending big money to get something like that sorted?

16. Corrosion internally. Next will be the neutral light glowing dimly then the left indicator arrow.

17. Mine is booked in to Riders for a dash change and they told me they can change the new dash mileage to the current reading!! Be interesting to see what happens.

18. You must have a '13 bike then as older ones can't be changed.

19. Seems to be a pretty poorly designed unit for a motorcycle, if it starts to fail after such short periods (4 years in my case)?

Rode my mates new GS Adventure the weekend and while the dash/satnav/iphone5/canbus interfacing is all pretty impressive, I preferred the layout of the MS for important information spotting. Off topic, but they have moved the Beemer on considerably, however, the gearbox felt fragile and £18.5k!!!!

20. Sorry couldn't be bothered reading the whole thread, what year is your bike? I got my clocks changed last Wednesday, I asked about losing my mileage and he said on the 2014 bikes the mileage is stored in the bikes ECU not the clocks, He just plugged his laptop in and told the ECU to update the clocks with my mileage and settings, the only thing he had to do was tell it it had had it's 600 mile service, even the keyless code was still the same.
    But I'm not sure if it's a new thing or it does the same on earlier bikes

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information