1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Replacement Sidestand

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by doughnut, Jun 23, 2015.

1. I would be interested in a longer side stand, i have had a couple of near misses when the top box and panniers are full, it makes the front when very light when parked due to the lean angle.

I have thought about not using the top box and putting a bag on the pillion seat to get the weight forward and hopefully move the tipping point (not sure if i am talking rubbish here)

I'm in subject to it being suitable for me

2. It would be sensible to cast in a large surface area foot as standard, rather than having a rattling add on.
    I'd like mine gold plated.

3. With Ducati inlaid in platinum and underlined in carbon ?

4. Bells and a whistle too, I presume

5. Ohhhhh! I didn't think of that ;)

6. I'm in as long as the side stand will have the same shape as the original one. I have the Touratech base extension installed and I would like to keep it on the new stand. ;)

7. Hi I would be interested in a new cast alloy sidestand (ideally a 20mm longer than the OEM)

8. 9yr old thread ...

9. The whole side stand discussion is weird to me. Until I read a few posts I had never really had cause to think about them. I have had my 916 for almost 30 years and even when on a bit of negative camber it is stable. I have had a suicide adapter to fit for almost 27 of those years in a spares box!! It would require a bit of a shove for it to topple. The same for all 4 MTS even when fully loaded. Mind you the first bikes stand did bend when I got on the bike while it had a full load of luggage. I think that might have been after an heavy supper tho’… Also the 888 lean is not enough for it to be a risk. Jeez famous last words!!! have people actually had these bikes topple without a) slightly careless parking or b) an accidental but firm push…?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information