1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ride a brand new Ducati every 3 years with Trioptions

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Ducati Forum News, May 23, 2012.

1. The Ducati PCP scheme (actually a Black Horse Finance product) will cover used bikes, but only up to a certain age. I'm not sure how old a bike can be, but a colleague was checking this out with a dealer & he reported that an ex-demo bike was covered. He said that the dealer had the same bike as an older used model (can't remember how old it was) & this wasn't available on the PCP. I believe this is related to the scheme needing to be able to offer a Guaranteed Minimum Future Value that will always be lower than the actual value of the bike at the end of the term, and the need for the bike to be easy to trade again if the rider part exchanges it against another new(er) bike on another PCP.

2. What I prefer and what life brings is not always in line. If rent in London was not so stupidly high and if UK rules for rental were in pair with rest of EU (rules for rental are more of a problem for me) I would not think twice about buying or renting.

3. Considering I was offerred £10,500 against a K1600 for my 18 month old bike it would be worth a look at this. depreciation of approx £4k in that time is quite a hit although expected on a new purchase. It all of course depends on the detail of allowed mileage, and final purchase value at the end. I would expect that all damage would need to be rectified before returning the bike as in other schemes.

4. Sticky! A K1600???

Do Not Sell My Personal Information