Rideouts Around Bath/bristol Area

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Ian Travell, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Err yeah - (at work at the moment) but in the car....raining tomorrow but ill be on the bike Tuesday...although which one I cant say...depends on the weather...as far as the Loomies trip goes - ill probably hang out til id say at least April...that way you've got a more surefire hit of a good day...Id hazard a sunday early morning start so theres less traffic...make it there for breakfast...although me and Sean stopped in a couple of garages you end up just sitting there gassing....I think sean's phrase was "i could talk the leg off a chair"...

2. I'm popping out today for a bit, I haven't been on the bike in ages. Might get caught in the odd shower !

3. Well, right now in Bristol (Emersons green area) its not raining but wet on the ground.....

4. April sounds good. I'd hope to have the red 'un sorted out by then. And the orange one should be run in.

5. It was certainly a bit wetter over the Cotswolds
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Looks like you had a goodride. Although I must admit I am glad I do not have to clean all that off

7. :Jawdrop::Jawdrop::Jawdrop::Jawdrop::Jawdrop:.

[​IMG]

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. Last home move next weekend, fguessing home duties like furniture shopping the following one, then OMCC off road day if I vcan get it booked, the folowing one looks ok, 17/18th or something like that subject to no snow...

How do people feel about a sat ride? Could nip up to Snells for a coffe, its only 15mins or so further, or do Motorapido on the way

9. Would definitely be up for a ride out when the weather breaks, Bristol boy originally, now living in Cheltenham so not far to meet up

10. There are a few of us this way, I' just outside Gloucester

11. Include me in this jolly when it happens. I'm in Taunton. Moved here from Hampshire (20 mins from Loomies) and always up for a trip back.

12. 2nd sunday of the month is an old Hants Ducati meet at popham airfiled, could be an option

13. Doubt if I can make it before the end of March. The SF isn't going in for a diagnostic on the blown dash until the 9th. (Ducati may yet chip in with the replacement cost so I've got to have a dealer diagnosis) I won't be going on any long spirited blasts on the SDR till its run in and had its first service.
    Maybe it could be more than a one-off. I go to Loomies quite regularly through the summer. There's lots of us out west and plenty of good routes to choose to get there and I'm always up for a run in company.

• Like Like x 1
  14. I'm off out today, might pop over to Marlborough.

15. I wanted to but I'm committed to the garage today to repair my workmate's cg125 with a rounded off sump bolt and a noisy clutch....

16. Managed to get out yesterday, so today I have to catch up on what I was supposed to do yesterday.

Have a great ride

17. Met a couple of mates in Marlborough had brekkie, then left them headed over to Cirencester then stopped for a slash and another coffee in tetbury then home, thank god for heated waistcoats nice and warm , quite a few bikes out today at least it was dry, now jet washing the bike after last Sunday's ride !!

18. This Sunday looks 13 deg and dry. Popham airfield Ducati meet is on. Anyone fancying a ride over let me know. Plan is leave Gloucester (for me) about 10 and head there via route determined by weather!!

19. I'd love to make this but I'm back in Hants with the family for a kids party (and wine!). Definitely another time though

20. I could be up for this, what's the forecast like ?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information