1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

916 Riding A Ducati 916......what's The 90's Legend Like In 2023???

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by NineNineSix, Oct 19, 2024 at 9:49 AM.

Tags:
  1. Don’t forget the… brakes. :D

• Like Like x 1
  2. One thing that video didn't highlight is that a spirited ride on hot summers day that the underseat exhaust can roast your nuts, so any rush hour city traffic is a real nightmare.
    That said, I still wouldn’t part with my fast 2-wheeled tractor.

3. 916 roast your nuts? Try a 1299, you ejaculate steam. By comparison, the 916 is a breeze. The 1198 gave me 3rd degree burns on right calf from full 70mm termi.

I've begun to enjoy riding my 916 on the road again. Its still a pig most times, but then it all comes together. Plus she's lithe, skinny and svelte. She looks her age and is all the prettier for it.

Greatest motorcycle ever made. Period.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  4. +1 for the random nature of its warm/hot starting foibles on an 1198S!

5. I bought my 916SPS new in 1998, and had it for many years. Me relocating to a new home on the high latitudes meant bad roads...and the 916SPS didn't like it!
    But it was incredibly light to handle compared to todays Multistrada 950/V2!

• Like Like x 1
  6. a 916 series bike with lightweight wheels, decent brakes snd modern tyres is still stunning to ride.

I love my panigale v4 sp but it's the boss of me. with a 916 you ARE the boss and you can make rapid progress even by modern standards.
    timeless, beautiful looks, very engaging and compared to my 1098r it has excellent road manners!

the brakes are slightly lacking but it's only marginal. they are a joy to work on plus depreciation free. it's a no brainer

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information