1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Featured 999 Right...f*** This...i'm Going Touring!

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by The Royal Maharaja, Apr 4, 2024.

Tags:
  1. Merde!
    In UK for two weddings in June, one my son so cant miss it. Great roads around Figeac, I am often over that way. Defo another time.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Moi aussi. Its a conspiracy!

3. 47E6433E-13F4-43CE-9B2D-4BEF6B291C85.jpeg

@J biker congrats on your son’s wedding ! :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. @Guillaume69, not to tell you or your countrymen where to go…in France..but just north of Figeac. You may know it.

This is a great route, the important part to keep is the D921. A real mix of fast and slow corners with good grip and low traffic.

IMG_1174.jpeg

edit, gmaps! Obviously ignore the A20 between Martell and Lanteuil…

#44 J biker, May 3, 2024
    Last edited: May 3, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Oh yes, I’m well aware how big it is, as I’ve ridden more in France than the uk in recent years! And used to spending hours getting the bike lovely and clean for a trip, only for it to rain as soon as we come out of the tunnel for the day, then bone dry for the next 10!

But getting wet isn’t fun, so I’ll be keeping an eye on the weather/ temp over the next 2 weeks before deciding on whether to wear the Rukka suit, or jeans/ jacket. I’m thinking it won’t be too hot (the furthest south we’re going is Puligny Montrachet), so will probably stick to the suit. Unless there’s a heatwave coming?!!

• Like Like x 1
  6. I wear the Rukka jacket year round tbh. Goretex laminated thing with multiple vents. Got used to the heat and also used to not stopping IF it rains to change gear. Wear with leathers sport trousers or Rokker jeans (got a belt/zip adaptor to zip together) depending.
    Once temperatures are around 32 degrees plus nothing works very well. But being able to move some air helps. I find the Rukka cooler/warmer than a leather jacket, depending on vent opening. Snug leather jackets get hideously hot.
    Not an issue now, but I always removed the GS hand guards and wore short vented gloves in the hotter weather. A bit air going up the sleeve can be nice. If they get wet, they get wet. Heated grips a must in any touring situation, regardless of forecast!

• Like Like x 1
  7. IMG_1175.png

• Like Like x 1
  8. I'm gutted that I'm now no longer available for the EMM...but can I confirm that the area being ridden is sensational. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Puligny-Monrachet… Now that’s a fine beverage ! :):upyeah:

10. We’ll be doing a vineyard tour, or two while we’re there.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information