1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rip Thread

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Rushjob, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Unbelievable

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Murray Walker at Cadwell on a pre war Velocette

E7D65126-CAB6-4970-9472-0F15DE5484D7.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
  3. Hold me pint. I’m having a go :beer::beer::beer::p

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Yes just read this
    It is with great sadness, Nürburgring Queen Sabine Schmitz has lost her race against cancer.
    Sabine Schmitz had been mentioned in one breath with the Nürburgring for decades. She was the only woman to win a 24-day race in the Green Hell. Today the motorsport family reaches the sad news that Sabine Schmitz has died after a long battle with cancer.
    With her racing assignments with Hannes Scheid in the Eifelblitz, her successes with Frikadelli Racing and as a TV star on "Top Gear" she got the title "Queen of the Nürburgring". Hardly anyone else has driven as many laps on the Nordschleife as Sabine Schmitz, who was born in Nürburg.

@Advikaz @doogalman knew her quite well I think. Cancer is something very few can outrun, no matter how fast. RIP.

5. Extremely sad news.
    RiP

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Agree Agree x 3
  6. More than a race winning driver but from what I hear, one of life’s truely nice people.

#2189 749er, Mar 17, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2021
  7. Terrible news

8. Omg :sob: that’s just blown me away
    RIP Sabine

9. That’s very sad, will always fondly remember her and Richards lap round the ring in a Transit :pensive:

10. Oh no :oops:

What a gal, bl**dy funny and bl**dy fast. A terrible loss.

RIP Sabine.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Just had that pop up on my phone about Sabine, terrible shame, taken far too early, she looked a great laugh, would’ve loved to have a beer with her.
    R.I.P Sabine

12. Bloody shame. Never met her but she certainly came across as one of lifes good eggs...

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Complete respect for Sabine, very sad news, taken away at such a young age. RIP Sabine

14. [​IMG]

RIP Sabine, one ultra-cool lady.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. When I was a youngster I distinctly remember it was rumoured he could kick the ball to 70mph. RIP

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information