1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rip Thread

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Rushjob, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Huge sadness. RIP.

RIP.jpg

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Such as shame. RIP Sean, thanks for the laughs

• Like Like x 1
  3. Truly sad about Sean Lock.proper funny bloke

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Agreed. His witty sense of humour will be greatly missed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Shocked by this news yesterday, he was the highlight (apart from Rachel) of 8 out of 10 cats, he had me in tears every week with his mascots and his humour.

I'd only been saying a few months ago when we come out of these lockdowns if he tours we're going, I didn't know he was ill :(

One of the UK funniest comedians for sure, RIP Sean.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Yvon Du Hamel 81 - lucky to get that far riding 750 Kawasaki two strokes

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Don't look up vids of Sean Lock on YouTube unless you have a lot of time to burn - even funnier than I remember.

RIP Sean

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1

8. I used to have a large poster of him on the Kawasaki on my bedroom wall
    Apparently made more money from racing snowmobiles.
    RIP.

9. Mary Cook passed away aged 92 (the two old dears from Bristol on Gogglebox)

10. Charlie has passed. Legendary drummer of the Stones, died aged 80 years.

Charlie-Watts-0001-scaled.jpg

He announced a couple of weeks back that he was going to miss the new Stones tour starting soon due to some illness, but I didn't expect this.

Charlie-Watts.jpg

43005-jagger-85.png

#2352 Jez900ie, Aug 24, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2021
  11. Oh no, that's a real bit of my childhood in those photos......:broken_heart:

12. Terrible news
    Rip

13. Proper Rock and Roll Legend.

14. RIP sir. I can’t imagine the Stones without him, I hope they call it a day now. What a band!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. The new tour starts fairly soon... The could cancel I guess but...

...I imagine the boys knew how bad Charlie was, and will have known for some while.

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. I don’t want to sound negative but those guys were together for some 50 years? I cannot see how they can carry on now, a new drummer to me just wouldn’t look right.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. I know what you're saying and in some respects I agree. On the other side, who knows what Charlie wanted, perhaps he asked them to go on? Also Mick, Keith (& Ronnie) I feel sure would be lost without the band that has been their entire life since they were teenagers. They don't do it just for the money I'm sure of that.

• Agree Agree x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information