1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rip Thread

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Rushjob, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Very sad. He was a great actor.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Thanks for the tunes & memories Andy. RIP

#2765 Jez900ie, May 26, 2022
    Last edited: May 26, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  3. Well thats fecking pants,
    He used to live just around the corner in Woolmer green basildon, went to the same school and saw them at a Disco called Raquels in Basildon in the early 80's, my dad worked with his and i remember me and my dad having a chat with him in the bar at Chelsea football club many moons ago,

4. The door at raquels was run by the Essex Boys, who supplied leah better with the ecstasy that killed her. 3 of them were found shot dead down at lane in Rettendon

5. Yes the same place.

6. Andy Fletcher is a real shocker only 60, no details yet so I have my theories.

Gutted though DM are in my top 3 bands.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. I was a Raquels regular (can't believe I'm admitting that) and Rettendon is on my regular ride route - I often wonder which lay-by those fellas copped it in.

There was a rumour that Leah Betts' Dad (who was a senior policeman in Essex IIRC) had a hand in their demise, but TBH anyone involved in that doorman/drugs game could cop it from any number of people who are/were unhappy for a number of reasons, I would think.

8. I'm sure the lane was called ,workhouse Lane,and yes, those boys upset a lot of people

9. Lester Keith Piggott

Has run his last race.
    :(

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. What a star RIP.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Quite a character, in his day as famous as Pele, and he was still able to win big events at age 56! Incredibly after being jailed for a year (tax evasion £3m) he jumped back on a horse ten days after his return to riding and won. RIP you wily rascal.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Clearly yellow is a Fast winning colour, Rip
    H4586-L192220166.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  13. Patricia Brake dies at 79

14. :(

15. Had to look her up, but clearly remembered her once I found out she was Norman Stanley Fletchers daughter from Porridge, one of my favourite programmes as a kid.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
  16. When you use Dislike it is not for the story it is for the thread. It counts as a negative for ME.

It is Privateer Heroes like Purslow that make the TT so special.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information