1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rip Thread

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Rushjob, Mar 14, 2012.

1. First band I ever went to see live. Newcastle City Hall……1972. I was 12yo. :(

2. That’s a very young age to be experiencing psychedelic, experimental space rock expressed on stage through the medium of a couple of bare chested dancing ladies

I was still listening to my mum and dads marching bands LP’s, Great Western film tracks and the sounds of Mrs Mills.

Mind I am that bit younger than you :)

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. I liked “Silver Machine” and they had a bus trip going from school so I managed to persuade my parents to let me go.

I came back with Stacia’s bra. It was brown and lacey. And very large. :)

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. And I bet you’ve still got it!
    :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Nahhhh!.......he’s worn it out by now : unamused:

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. I might have worn it “out out” …………..just on a Friday night though ;)

7. ipswich gaumont 1980, wheels of steel tour :cool:

8. You guys it's an RIP thread not what have I done today thread :thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. or what I did half a century ago :D

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  10. I was shocked to see that Keith Farmer has passed away , it all seems a little bit mysterious with no cause of death etc stated ,very sad regardless ,condolences to his family

11. Very sad indeed.

My assumption is the poor fella took his own life.

12. Yeah, it’s believed to be suicide. Many of the racers immediately posted plea for people to seek help for mental health, which was more than a little onvious

13. Such a shame

14. Less well known cousin to Jesus of Nazareth (died Friday 3rd April 0033)?

15. Think the family asked for donations to the Samaritans rather than flowers. But they also said he passed away with his family there.

Other rumours are it’s one of the many unexplained deaths in under 40’s this year that’s off the scale. More excess deaths than during covid worst days.

16. Age mortality, follow on from population explosion post war is a likely explanation.
    https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopula...englandandwalesmarch2020tojune2022/2022-09-20

17. I won’t be posting on this thread as it’s no longer being used by some for it’s intention. Speculating on how someone died and linking it to a wider issue seems to me in bad taste.

You could if you’d like to discuss early age deaths and or Covid and other issues start another thread but for me just not here.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. Well it’s more interesting than the hoards of names that crop up on here that nobody’s heard of. Have a cuppa and a slice of cake. Grumpy fuck….

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Well I have only just got up so could be a low sugar reading, you may have a point.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information