1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rip Thread

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Rushjob, Mar 14, 2012.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  1. Heard an interview with Steve Jones today, speaking about Vivienne. She certainly sounded like quite a character as well as gifted with her own font of creativity. What a great life she led! RIP.

2. got a link Jez? I would like to hear that

3. I was on R4, possibly world at 1?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Another radio star goes out. I feel like I've been listening to this for forever.

RIP Anita Pointer, 74.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Fred White. Earth wind & fire drummer
    Rip

6. Ken Block has been killed in a snowmobile accident, bit ironic considering all the crazy driving he used to do.

7. bloody hell, thats a shock. :(

8. That's always the way with these speed merchants, life has some very strange twist & turns, RIP

9. What a guy. Lived the life he wanted to its fullest.

RIP Big Sender :pensive:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yep, really sad, but I'm sure he was thoroughly enjoying himself at the time.
    I think we'd all rather slide sideways up the the Pearly gates early than be wheeled there at an old age sitting in a puddle of our own making.

• Agree Agree x 8
  11. May he rest in peace... good guy, really showed the US what rallying was all about...

Its amazing when you think about how they went - Colin McRae, Nicky Hayden. Even Schumi who is injured.....

12. EDIT
    I agree wholeheartedly Nasher, allegedly Ken was riding a snowmobile when his breath reverted to simple air. RIP indeed.

#3156 Jez900ie, Jan 3, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2023
  13. What a shock, saddened to see this this morning. He seemed a really good bloke, game for anything, his Hoonigan videos on YouTube were always very entertaining.. how awful for his family..

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. I saw him a few years ago at the festival of speed, he did an amazing run up the hill but when he returned he did doughnuts all the way back down, incredible skills

15. And Mike Hailwood too. :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Alan Rankine co founder of the Associates has died aged just 64. He gave us such great music with The Associates, solo and producing the likes of Cocteau Twins, Paul Haig, Pale Fountains, Anna Domino and Belle & Sebastian.

RIP and thanks for so many great times in the 80s

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information