1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rip Thread

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Rushjob, Mar 14, 2012.

1. " I read the news today , oh boy .... "

The word virtuoso is often over-used , but Jeff was already that by the Seventies ,
    and he continued to just get better and better .
    How many musicians can you say that about ?

All of the guitarists I admire say the same thing .
    And more than that , he was a very sweet and humble man ..... what a shocking loss !

A very sad day indeed .

-

2. To some folk yes to others an old man made famous through his talent for guitar playing dies at 78, no so much

Sorry for your loss.

3. That comes over as sarcastic .....
    ..... and disrespectful .

4. It’s a common enough used phrase, I’m sorry you’ve misinterpreted it.

5. 3EF0959B-9665-42AF-87E0-CD22986A39B2.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  6. 92A41143-F5C0-431B-96F4-A5B17DDFE7A1.jpeg

what a "dude" you were Jeff, rest in peace now.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Oh my god!! totally speechless. Have been watching a good deal of him on youtube recently and he is just the very very best. Could play the guitar like no other. Even other maestros would turn up to watch him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. -

• Like Like x 1
  9. And it looks like the have blocked Jeff's youtube videos already.

• WTF WTF x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Uh hu….

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 3
  11. She lost her 27 year old son about a week ago

12. It was 2020. But she struggled to get over it. Probably contributed to her own death. Brutal stuff.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. She led a full life, struggled with addiction most of her life, four marriages and the daughter of the biggest rock and roll star of all time. Big shows to fill.

I felt sorry for her to be honest. I’m some pics of her she’s the spitting image of her dad. Those cheekbones and eyes.

Too young. RIP

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. I knew Kingsize Ted Taylor ..... nice bloke . always up for a chat , especially about local music .
    I worked in the pub opposite his butcher shop when I was a teenage student .

He owned the mythical live tapes of The Beatles at the Star Club , Hamburg ,
    but he had Kingsize problems trying to get them released ...... :(
    Firstly because the quality was shockingly bad ( you could hear more of the noise in the club than
    you could of the band playing ) but mainly because the legal big guns at EMI were having none of it .
    Some might call them Bootlegs , but possibly not , technically , because the band didn't have any contract .

RIP Ted

PS - Ted was a Domino long before Derek / Eric ....... :cool:

• Like Like x 3
    • Love You Love You x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information