1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rip Thread

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Rushjob, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Definitely makes you consider your own mortality, when you realise Johnny Rotten's wife was 80 years old,

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. Well everytime i hear a name or watch the box and see folk that i grew up with and think your looking your age these days.
    That's a reminder that we're just passing through.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. just got to hope when you check out that you've paid your bill* and can get through the exit easily.

*delete if applicable, as this doesn't apply to some fuckers.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. I heard him one the radio the other week promoting his latest release, which I have to say sounded truly bloody awful!
    He was talking about how his wife was suffering from Alzheimer‘s disease and the impact it had on their lives.
    It couldn’t have been easy for her living with his rock’n’roll lifestyle and battling such a debilitating condition.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. If love and tears is a payment from walking & talking planet earth, then i'm credit.:D

• Like Like x 1
  6. AFAIK Lydon was his wife's carer for the entire period of her illness over the last 10+ years.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. This is true.

8. A man in his forties was killed in Melton Mowbray when his Ducati left the road and hit a telegraph pole last Saturday morning. I don’t know who he was. I hope he was not a member of our forum, but in any case R.I.P.

• Agree Agree x 6
  9. Les sanglots longs
    Des violons
    De l'automne
    Blessent mon cœur
    D'une langueur
    Monotone.
    Right you Jerry Bastard
    Have some of that*

*Previously "Good morning my arse!"

10. I have no idea who he is or what that meant but I’ll raise a glass to his memory!

11. Looks as though WTL has been commiserating all day!
    :(

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Lead singer and one half of the guitarists of Television, who took his name from French poet Paul Verlaine, and who died in (as I recall) February.

I was thinking of this while walking back from Sainsbury's. And just read a couple of books about SOE, which is probably why.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Not yet, but I was thinking of getting the Macallan out! Or rather, the The Macallan.

14. Threads merged

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Craig Breen. RIP

"Irish world rally championship driver Craig Breen has died after an accident in a pre-event test in Croatia. "

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information