1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rip Thread

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Rushjob, Mar 14, 2012.

1. RIP to the fabulous Tina Turner. Another great leaves us.

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. RIP Anna Mae xx

• Like Like x 1
  3. Got to see her in concert in Cologne. Awesome.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Saw her twice, gutted :sob::sob: what a girl!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. A remarkable artiste whom I will miss :( but has left a huge legacy of music :) Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. What a sad day for music :(
    Reunited with her beloved son

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. What a performer. If Tina didn't get you going, you've already gone. RIP Superstar.

I'm sure ZZTop wrote Legs with her in mind.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. RIP Tina; one of those rare artistes instantly recognisable from only their first name. An absolute force of nature on stage and a role model to many off of it in the way she overcame her problems. Fortunate to have seen her 3 times in her own right, where she was the consulate professional, but I will always remember her for the best guest appearance it has been my pleasure to witness.

Wembley Arena, 8th October 1999 was the time that I first dragged Mrs GG, somewhat against her better judgement, to see Bryan Adams. The band was a 3 piece that night and on the opening chords of "It's Only Love" Mrs GG noticed a slightly quizzical look on my face. I said that this was a duet with Tina Turner, and that I didn't fancy Keith Scott or Mickey Curry for her part. Just before her part was due to start, I noticed a mop of hair behind the left hand speaker stack and right on cue out Tina stepped, belting out her part as though her life depended on it. If ever a roar from the crowd raised the roof it was then. The song ended and she was halfway down the stairs off the stage before Bryan Adams could give her a totally unnecessary introduction. Absolutely brilliant.

Thank you Tina for some wonderful music.

#3489 GrumpyGolfer, May 24, 2023
    Last edited: May 24, 2023
    • Like Like x 6
  9. What a sad loss to music.R.I.P. Tina.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1

10. RIP Annie-Mae

I wasn’t a big fan of her 80s AOR ouvre and much preferred her early RnB stuff, which was much less slick and over produced. This song is a sure fire goosebump generator.

Fun fact - I dated a Tina lookalikey/tribute artist for a while :D

#3491 Zhed46, May 26, 2023
    Last edited: May 26, 2023
    • Like Like x 6
  11. Yeah, and the Ikettes were some watch... :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Great choice of tribute :upyeah::upyeah::upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Totally agree with you Zhed, I have been boring people with her early stuff with Ike and brief collaboration with Phil Spector. Even though I went through a brief phase as a teenager (who didn’t) liking her 80’s AOR catalogue, it was very commercial and empty, although her voice had matured.
    There’s a great Sky documentary, when watching it with my wife we both agreed, she was HOT in the 80’s, no wonder she had so many male followers. Those legs. :cool::cool:
    A true talent.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Was just about to post the same, always remember this girl’s lovely thick wavy hair
    45 is no age , so sad :(

A994CAF7-502C-43CC-B9FC-20A3EB0AF0CE.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. What a shock R.I.P. Emily.:(

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Raul Martinez

18. RIP

Do Not Sell My Personal Information