1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rip Thread

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Rushjob, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Saw this news break last night, certainly well liked in the paddock, RIP Raul.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. ^^^^^^^^^^^only watching this guy sitting down with James Hillier two night ago on No Room For Error, one minute we're here and the next not.

3. Ahh yes, I remember they showed him training on his pushy first, tragic, seemed like a really nice guy :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Breaking Bad actor Mike Batayeh dies from cardiac arrest at age 52

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Actor Treat Williams has died following a motorcycle accident near his home in Vermont.

https://news.sky.com/story/hair-and...-dies-in-motorcycle-accident-aged-71-12901367

Official reports say that the crash occurred on Monday afternoon near Dorset, Vermont when a car stopped, signaled a left turn into a parking lot, and then turned into the path of a 1986 Honda VT700c motorcycle being ridden by 71 year old Treat Williams. He was airlifted to hospital where he died.

6. RIP Treat. I recognised the name but couldn't place him from the article, then realised he was Benny Severide in Chicago Fire. :(

7. RIP Treat - details coming through about the accident are not clear so far.

8. RIP John Hollins.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. It seems the footballers I remember from star soccer are starting to leave us...

Rip.

10. Sad news .

I hope this doesn't come across as brutal , but frankly I can't think of better way to check out .
    On a bike , in a state of happiness , and quickly .

11. I loath this expression. A good friend of mine years ago was out having some spirited fun on the roads playing with the Emmett brothers and Shakey when he got it wrong and ended up being hit but a car going the other direction as he was thrown onto the other side of the road. He didn’t die instantly but the pain and suffering in the few hours he had left I’m pretty sure he wasn’t enjoying it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. I thank you for your reply and I appreciate your point of view , and I am truly sorry to read about
    the suffering of your friend .

But let's talk brass tacks here -

1] every biker knows the risks involved with our shared passion ( except for the idiot contingent ) and anyone
    who doesn't understand this should never put the ignition key into a bike .
    2] I have two friends who are now wheelchair users as a direct result of that very same passion ,
    and they have no bitterness at all , because they are intelligent people who fully understood the risks .
    3] I carefully and specifically used the word quickly
    4] I speak from my own personal point of view ( who among us could do otherwise ? )

13. Glenda really was "something else" and I doubt we will see her like again, on the screen or off it.
    Very sad to read this.

14. This one?

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information