1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rip Thread

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Rushjob, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Yeah I think I’d probably rather die in a chair in my garden, then being in a brutal accident that could take hours/ days/ months to finish me off. But I get what you’re saying.

2. Farewell Glenda.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-26234103

glenda.jpg

As a child I was glued to Elizabeth R on the Beeb and later to Women in Love by Ken Russell -though admittedly for different reasons. Later some of her speeches in the HoC were poignant and typically in support of those that didn't have a voice.

She will be missed.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. A couple of days ago I told a non-motorcycling (but competitive mountain biker) friend how, before I had my first motorbike, an acquaintance told about how a mate had left the road, flown high through the air, and having hit the ground, couldn't breathe. This guy watched his mate die in front of his eyes.

To lighten it up, I told her it didn't stop me becoming a biker though! I didn't add 'who's put himself in hospital three times, since, doing it'. I do think at the back of my mind I think 'it's worth the risk', rather than 'it'll never happen'. Fascinating, really.

Fuck it though, eh?

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. She’s well known on Teesside ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. I don’t doubt you…. :D Bless her….

#3527 Fairy Cringe, Jun 16, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2023
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. just stumbled on this, what a special person.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. RIP Hamish Harding, Paul-Henry Nargeolet, Shahzada Dawood, and his son Suleman & Stockton Rush, the CEO of OceanGate who died on a tourist adventure to the Titanic wreck

Also RIP to all the unnamed 30 people who drowned off the Canary isles yesterday, who were seeking a safe haven and new start.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  8. RIP to a man who appeared in many movies, was once nominated for an Oscar, but more importantly was in Apocalypse Now, on the boat ride up the river. Its my fave movie of all time.

frederic-forrest-dead.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Love You Love You x 2
  9. I have DVDs of both versions. I really liked the Directors cut but probably that was because it gave me more of something I already liked!

I saw the original in the ABC in Southampton back in '79 when it was released. I was 17 and went to the flicks most Sunday nights with my mates and girlfriends to round off the weekend. As the film ended, no one stood up. Everyone sat still in their seats and watched the credits roll up the screen, hardly talking. I've never seen that before or since.

• Like Like x 1
  10. The Gaumont, I saw Madness, 10cc. Judas Priest & Gary Numan there!

11. I still enjoy both versions .
    There are scenes where they stop the boat at the home of the French people who refuse to leave .
    It gives a great insight into Vietnam's previous history as part of French Indo-China , and before
    it was plunged into hell .

I suppose it was the logical choice if the option were to cut iconic scenes from elsewhere .
    It's a story within a story , but Hollywood is not comfortable with long movies , and they will make cuts .
    When 2001 was released it had an intermission !

RIP "Chef"
    ..... " I'm a Saucier "

:cool:

• Like Like x 4
  12. I have, after watching Schindlers List

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. There’s a lot of waffle in here; has anyone else died lately?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Yes he did
    The body of British actor Julan Sands has been found in the mountains of southern California. Sands went missing five months ago on January 13 after he failed to return from a hike.

You might have to Google him

15. Err ...... No
    Apparently not anyway

16. 40,000 men and wimmin' everyday (apparently)

1shguk6_1c0r_l.jpg

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information