1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rip Thread

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Rushjob, Mar 14, 2012.

1. I wonder what will be Xmas number one this year ! Wish I had a quid for every time that song is played !!

2. Kissinger definitely had his moments and playing the Soviets off against the Chinese, together with nuclear arms detente were some of his best. Yet Operation Condor, launching Pinochet to the world and the disaster of Vietnam mark him as a irrevocably flawed man.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. There will be a lot more articles of this type I expect.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-67582813

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. From what I have read, that is a surprisingly factual piece from the BBC. There is plenty of information out there from other sources if you have the time to google it.

What strikes me is the similarities between Kissinger's modus operandi and the current Israeli government;
    Achieving the objective is paramount. Innocent civilians that are killed or affected by the actions are an unfortunate consequence to be news managed regardless of how many.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Agreed. The terms "collateral damage" & "The ends justify the means" must have been coined by him & his entourage. Netanyahu is surely of the same ilk.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. RIP Benjamin Zephaniah.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. He always had time for children, including my daughter when she was a kid. Great guy.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Geordie Walker ..... passed away last week .
    Epic guitarist from Killing Joke

9. upload_2023-12-7_19-0-3.png

• Like Like x 5
  10. Villa were superb last night. I only caught it in MOTD but the highlights were all Villa. Good luck to them. Champs League material?

• Like Like x 3
  11. Me and my boy watched it on Amazon. That is the best I’ve seen Villa play since Martin O’Neil was manager, brilliant. we are not getting carried away tho, I’ve been a Villa fan too long for that. Top 6 finish maybe?

• Like Like x 1
  12. VP was rocking last night, roll on Saturday 5.30.
    Love it that the big Sky 6 are getting some real competition, Newcastle, Villa, Brighton are all going well and long may it continue. I believe Benjamin’s quote above is going to be embedded in VP somewhere, great ambassador for the club.

#3736 simmytt, Dec 7, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Wacthed the whole match. Villa were excellent. As a Gooner, not looking forward to Saturday...

• Like Like x 1
  14. I wouldn’t worry, that was a one off

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Have some faith man!

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Thought this was the RIP thread :thinkingface:??

• Agree Agree x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information