1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rip Thread

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Rushjob, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Yeah it’s like a bloody WI meeting in here. We need more deaths now.

• Funny Funny x 3
  2. Sorry, who would you like “offing”?

3. Any politician.

4. The RIP thread sadly passed away today :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. it's the flexibility of this Forum that keeps me coming back. :upyeah:

ahh - sorry, won't happen again :pensive:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Denny Laine gettyimages-566184329.jpg Moody blues and wings..

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. RIP Denny (born Brian Frederick Arthur Hines)
    I never met him but remember his guitar shop in Weybridge.

8. I really like some of those old Wings tracks, and Denny certainly had a big part in making them special. RIP

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. he had to be pretty special for the ultra picky McCartney to make him the only permanent member of Wings.

• Agree Agree x 1

10. Absolutely right.

11. RIP Ryan O’Neal dies aged 82.

Was once married to Farrah Fawcett , I bet a few of us would love to have swapped places!

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Apart from Linda !

13. Didn't Laine have a falling out with McCartney over money, something about royalties or summat like that?

14. American actor Ryan O'Neal, best known for his Oscar-nominated role in 1970 romance Love Story, has died at the age of 82.

#3754 Carr01, Dec 8, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2023
  15. there is that, but no way are you going to tell your wife that she can't be in the band.

16. I would if she started feeding me those horrible vegetable sausages.

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. not that I remember or can find, I think it's the old misquoted folklore machine again maybe because another Denny - Denny Seiwell did (apparently). In all the press that's come up since he's passed, it's emerged that he might have left the Moodies after a financial dispute with their record company around 1965.

• Useful Useful x 1
  18. Missed that. I was a big Killing Joke fan. Had he’s own playing style. Big, killer riffs. Will dig out an album later and listen to it. From what I can gather he lived a Rock and Roll lifestyle

• Like Like x 3
  19. I watched Shane MacGowans funeral yesterday, and I was a more than a bit disappointed in his wife's behaviour. It started with her barging past Shane's Dad and then ended with her "eulogy", where amongst many other low lights she brought up how Shane urged Johnny Depp(in the church) to forgive Amber Heard.

20. Good to see Johnny Depp there, I didn’t realise how good friends they were (he was Shane’s best man). I don’t think he should ever forgive that evil muncher after what she put him through.

• Agree Agree x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information