1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rip Thread

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Rushjob, Mar 14, 2012.

1. I also love the When Kiefer Sutherland met Shane story.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. The giant is well and truly awake

• Like Like x 1
  3. Got lucky but I’ll take that

4. Yes ..... funerals ( and sometimes weddings ) can occasionally have a shadow cast over them ,
    just by one or two people " show-boating " ......
    ..... a bit sad really .

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. not sure if you saw it or not but “show boating” is a good word to describe some of what went on

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. ^^^^ he was superb in "Homicide - Life on the Street"

7. "Zack Dingle" aka Steve Halliwell

• Like Like x 1
  8. Not sure if anyone on here knows him but, cheerio Steve Riley (aka Piston Broke engineering, Bristol) - went to the funeral yesterday....knew the man for 25 years....right from the days of me and my mates turning up at his place (initially he had a shop) - for pistons, head skimming, rings etc etc when we were kids (all 2 stoke stuff). He moved to an industrial unit about half a mile away, and worked right up til when he couldnt. Top bloke, talks a glass eye to sleep, for me he's the helicoil king - never taken anything that he couldnt. The crematorium was packed, standing room inside, along with the hallway going in as well. Loads of people there that i knew (and didnt know they knew him). Couldnt meet a nicer bloke, I will miss him.

• Like Like x 7
    • Love You Love You x 1
  9. Was he in Stapleton Rd, Easton? Name of the business rings a bell from when I lived in Bristol in the 80’s.
    Sounds like he was a top bloke.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Thats right...he was on stapleton road, on the corner (he was an MZ dealer then)..nicest guy you ever met....last time i saw him was last year while i was renovating the 400/4.

#3772 comfysofa, Dec 16, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
    • Love You Love You x 1
  11. British Oscar-nominated actor Tom Wilkinson, best known for his role in The Full Monty, has died aged 75

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. Would it be inappropriate to start a poll of who’s going to die in 2024?

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. Tory party?

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  14. All of the parties with any luck.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. I don’t believe that that will realistically happen. Sorry.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Is it too early for new year resolutions?

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information