1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rip Thread

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Rushjob, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Ha!
    How do you know?

2. Hmmm,

What makes you think governments are involved in conspiracys? Unless you think there maybe chance of one being involved with the greatest 'potential' conspiracy in history during the muscle flexing cold war that is.

Look you've got me at it again now :tongue:

#62 XxAnthxX, Aug 26, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2012
  3. You can't prove a negative.

4. Are you positive? :biggrin:

5. ??
    Meaning in this instance?

6. Just heard the news that Bob Stevenson of Spondon Engineering past away last month.
    I had of couple of his big tube aluminium monster frames in the 90s when i was in my
    streetfighter faze and both frames blew me away when i collected them.
    Everybody new him as sweary Bob for obvious reasons when you met him but the bloke was a engineering
    genius.

7. R.I.P. sweary Bob, you will be missed..:(

8. Spondon frames are wicked :( that's so sad .

9. Have you any pics of your big tube frames please ?

10. sorry only pictures ive got of them are before the digital age :biggrin: showing my age i suppose if you go one the spondon owners website you see the type i mean or look up the legend steve burns (sound bloke) held the first world wheelie record at 150mph on his spondon way back when it was paddock jackets and simpson helmets, ahh the good old days.

11. Just getting a spondon framed tz350 built. Really nice frame.

12. They really were lovely frames (and Harris ones), the only thing to have back in the old days when nothing Japanese really handled.

Spondon TLR.jpg

24bb9715ae0968.jpg

Spondon TLR.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  13. Some of you may know the Daykins, a couple of pensioners who sold everything to go racing. I'm sad to report that Robin Daykin passed away today. I was lucky enough to speak to him at a charity trackday at Mallory, albeit briefly, and he seemed a lovely fella.

Daily Mail link from earlier this year.

#74 figaro, Dec 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Weren't they on tt3d vid fom Guy Martin? Hats off to them for giving it a go and living it to the full. RIP Mr Daykin.

15. the guts and the glory :)
    in this case it is not how long he lived, but how hard :)

cheers to them both!

Koen

Do Not Sell My Personal Information