1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rip Thread

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Rushjob, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Servalan.jpg

Servalan - the ultimate sci-fi villain...

2. Sad news but I just love a line in the article from Russell Davies. “She was glorious, vivid, passionate, filthy and the most wonderful comany”. That describes her portrayal of Servalan in Blake’s 7 to a ‘T’. RIP Andy

• Like Like x 1
  3. Me too with their curling tongs guns.... GREAT :)

4. Don't forget Zen the computer - years ahead of Siri & Axa

• Like Like x 3
  5. Having been brought up on a diet of Star Trek (original), I couldn't cope with Blake's 7 or Dr Who in terms of "special effects". They were laughable.

Just could not enjoy them ... until suddenly, I found myself carried along by Blake, Avon and Co. The characters, the plots, even the dialogue ... it's probably where I started to transition from "ooh, cool effects" to "ah, good dialogue, interesting characters, great plot". In a strange way, it probably sowed the seeds for the reason why I can barely look at the Star Wars franchise these days. Star Wars is the complete opposite of poor effects, great characters/plots/scripts.

6. So true endless stunning effects simply leave you stunned but not intrigued. Though 2001 Space Odyssey had both.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sad news. She was great as Servalan.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Alas, the first Star Trek movie ... did not.

In any event, RIP Jacqueline Pearce.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Yes did enjoy the series/reruns,but much preferred Buck Rogers for the eye candy:blush:

10. what the Cylons.. with the one big eye...or the little robot...tweeky...

11. Sad news indeed. :( She certainly stirred things for a young lad back in the day

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. I preferred Blake’s 7 to the others
    Seems so long ago now
    RIP Servalan

• Like Like x 1
  13. No - it seems like only yesterday....oh no wait that was the rerun.... just joking.... I used to look forward to it in the evening... Zen and Oracle? - one the ship computer - the other the tea trolley computer... must have been 40 years ago for the original series... also the Professionals.... those were the days...

• Like Like x 1
  14. I do remember her in blakes seven

15. A proud moment for any father that their son has played for England nine times RIP

16. I am Suffolk born and bred used to get the train to watch all the home games standing in the North End singing Kevin Beattie walks on water. Too young

17. So sad to learn of an early death, especially when it sounds like life didn't deal him the best of hands

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Sad news just saw this RIP

Do Not Sell My Personal Information