1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rip Thread

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Rushjob, Mar 14, 2012.

• Like Like x 2
  1. Didn’t see that coming RIP

2. Before my time but this generation of footballers knew how to conduct themselves on the field and off,RIP

3. Great player. Ever good save that happens now is compared to his in 1970 but none come close it

4. And none will,in those days it was a proper ball,it would break their poor little arms palming a ball headed with that force away nowadays

5. Always came across as a nice fella. RIP

6. Went to Filbert At quite a few times in the 60s Gordon always put on a great display virtual unbeatable

• Like Like x 1
  7. A decent bloke and a great player RIP.

My mates dad played for Newcastle and a few other teams back in the day. He’s got loads of old football stories like doing a morning shift at the pit before turning out for the toon. He’s still a competitive old bugger.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gordon_Hughes

• Like Like x 1
  8. Saw Gorden Banks a few times playing for Stoke against the mighty ammers.. He often used to play without any gloves too.. Always had that smile and a glint in his eye.. luvly luvly guy.. x

9. He wrote me a letter in 73. Always in my heart... :kissing_heart:

• Like Like x 2
  10. I was born in Leicester (well Oadby actually) and went to Filbert Street a few times (birthday treat with friends). I can't remember how old I was when I went (was born in '61 so guessing late 60s) so can't be sure I saw him but he was one of the good guys.

11. RIP Gordon. :(

• Like Like x 2
  12. One memorable game was when Gordon pretty well played Man It's on his own not even Law,.Best & Charlton could better him

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. He’s on the last train to Clarksville :(

14. Awww. Sad now. Another from my youth gone : o (

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Left his mark in the sand....RIP

16. Keith Flint of the Prodigy, and life long motorsport fan, has died.

Genuine shock! :confused:

17. Just seen this on the news - shocked!! RIP fella :(

Hope it doesn't kick off at the crematorium :(

18. RIP Sad News :(

Do Not Sell My Personal Information