1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rip Thread

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Rushjob, Mar 14, 2012.

1. RIP Mr Fix It. Geoff did many good things for so many people and will be sorely missed by all who met him.

God Speed Buzzbomb.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sorry for your loss ET

3. Not just my loss :(

4. The following is a note just issued by Ducati Manchester in case people can make it:

Geoff Welsby Funeral has been confirmed for Tuesday the 21 st May, 1 pm @ Walton crematorium WA4 6TB

Geoff’s family have confirmed Barbara would like some Ducati’s to accompany the funeral cortège from Geoff’s home at 12 pm

We will be closed at the Manchester store all day on the 21 st as a mark of respect to our beloved friend

If you wish to attend we are riding from the store to Geoff’s , departing 11 am prompt

Please could you comment here if you wish to attend before Thursday morning as the family have requested numbers for the catering

This will be Geoff’s last ride so let’s make it a good turn out please everyone

• Like Like x 1
  5. Further details for Geoff's funeral

The cremation will be held at Walton Lea Crematorium, Chester Road, Walton, Warrington, WA4 6TB at 1pm on Tuesday 21st May, followed by a gathering with light refreshments at The Lymm Hotel, Whitbarrow Road , Lymm, WA13 9AQ.

We ask for no flowers, but if people wish to donate, there will a collection at the rear of the crematorium for the Northwest Air Ambulance. We want this to be a celebration of Geoff’s life so therefore we ask people if they prefer to wear non black, then we are happy for them to do so.

There will be a motorcycle cortège following the funeral cars leaving from widnes. We have kindly been given permission for the motorcyclists to meet up at Parkland Sports Club, Parklands House, 16 Parklands, Widnes WA8 4NQ.

Should people arrive early, the club house may be open for anyone wanting tea or coffee.

There is also a planned meet up at the Ducati Manchester shop, departing 11am prompt for Parklands.
    To get to the crematorium from Widnes, we will be passing over the Mersey gateway bridge, and for motorcycles there is no toll fee.

6. :sweat:
    A lovely man and a good friend x

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Thanks for the update. I’ll be at the Crem.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Sad news today that Nikki Lauda died aged 70. An amazing guy. RIP.

9. Didn’t see that coming rip

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. RIP Nikki. Legend indeed.

I'll never forget James Hunt saying 'first bloke I've met that's better looking after having his face burnt off' Gold! :laughing::laughing:

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Just reading his wife donated a kidney to him after one off his brother failed, I’ve had women who wouldn’t pass me the fucking salt....true love that, chokes me up, tough fella obviously bloody good in a proper dangerous era.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Saw the man race a couple of years in succession at the South African GP at the original Kyalami circuit. Legend indeed!

RIP Niki.

13. a great Racing driver and true gentleman. RIP.

14. An icon from my youth. RIP.

15. Bless him, really genuinely respected Nikki, such a straight talking yet thoroughly likeable man.

Rip

16. Anyone that walks away from a accident like that and jumps back into the car within a few rounds is a bit special.RIP

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. What a shame I hadn’t thought that he hadn’t been at the recent f1 races till now , another legend gone

Do Not Sell My Personal Information