1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rip Thread

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Rushjob, Mar 14, 2012.

1. I knew he had been absent from recent races due to a lung transplant, I suppose we've become blase in some ways where we think the most difficult of ops are easy peasy and everyday. You could never accuse him of giving in, no matter what he was facing. A sad loss

2. One of lifes nice guys. Nikki was a true gent and an awesome racer. RIP.

3. RIP - what a guy :(

4. Goodbye to "The Phoenix"

5. I know 'Rush' wasn't exactly true to life but the part where he is trying his crash helmet on with a burnt head made my toes curl. Definitely lived up to the phrase 'Pain is temporary, glory is forever'.

6. R.I.P. Niki. :(

I 1st started watching Formula 1 (not F1) in 1984 and watched him battle with Prost in the dominant McLarens.

A great racer and a genuinely nice man.

#1367 Robarano, May 21, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2019
  7. Was on the Nordschleife this morning instructing in torrential rain. The same conditions as on that fateful day back in 76.
    A genuine hero that lived with the aftermath of that day.
    Rip

8. So much respect for Lauda, he is a true motorsport legend, very sad news. RIP Nikki

9. A very brave man.

10. Sad day
    RIP Nikki :(

11. It's Niki, you tards!

I liked him but always wanted James Hunt to beat him when I was a kid.

RIP

12. My phone likes two k’s

13. Some people probably prefer 3 round here....

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. So much respect for him - RIP

15. A one off..proper racer..proper bloke. They just don't make them like that anymore. As much as i respect the Hamiltons etc they are certainly not the same stature. RIP Niki.

16. A True Legend.

17. Sorry to hear the news of his passing.
    Rest in peace

18. Seems there’s been a huge accident at the Pikes Peak and Carlin Dunne has lost his life. :(

Don’t know much more than that at this stage.

:(

• WTF WTF x 1
  19. #1380 ILikeBears, Jun 30, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
Do Not Sell My Personal Information