1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rip Thread

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Rushjob, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Threads merged

2. Jeez... that's awful. Terrible loss, and the halo of racing the prototype so very visibly will have destroyed the launch. I can't say I followed Carlin Dunne but Pikes Peak is as hardcore as the TT. Anyone who was competitive there will have been fast and precise.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. We went to to the top of Pike's Peak a couple of years ago by the mountain railway - I can vouch that the oxygen levels up there are "a bit lacking" to say the least. Terrible news.

4. Gutted at this tragic news. My thoughts are with his family right now

5. Horrendous news RIP Carlin.

6. Sad news
    Thoughts go out to all :(

7. That’s awful for all involved. Friends, family, Ducati.
    Heart goes out to all of them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. So sad, and so close to the finish line as well, just 20m more & he’d have been slowing down:( RIP.

9. I've been watching his daily updates on YouTube. He was in good spirits and was well prepared. He expressed concern about the course being more dirty and rougher than usual but was going well. Devastating news. RIP Carlin.

10. RIP Carlin. Thoughts to family and friends. Passed away doing what he loved. Died being awesome.

11. I first heard of pikes peak when guy martin did it, there certainly is huge potential for mistakes to be very costly. Part of you wants to say at least it was doing what he loved and the other part understand the emotional and loss of the family. Never knew him but having read some more since his accident, he seemed a stand up guy

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Rip sad news :(

13. I’d been following his practice sessions on YouTube, he came over as a really nice modest guy who just loved racing bikes, he was absolutely made up about giving the V4 Streetfighter it’s maiden race debut, so very sad for it to end this way.
    Truly gutted for everyone involved and my deepest sympathy to his family and friends.
    RIP cool racer dude..

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Tragic news, Rip .

15. Even though I ride a bike I don't follow MotoGP or other racing events, but the Pikes Peak challenge on the new V4 Streetfighter caught my eye, and I did follow it. I don't know Carlin Dunne, but I was saddened to hear of his death. He seemed a genuinely great bloke with a real talent for riding and gelled with the new bike returning some amazing times, far ahead of the competition. Apart from the obvious tragic loss on a personal level and although it's not at the front of most people's thoughts, it must also be a huge blow to Ducati. What better way could a bike of had a launch but than to have won the Pikes Peak in record time. Sad times. However I can feel an overpriced Carlin Dunne limited edition coming on!

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information