1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rip Thread

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Rushjob, Mar 14, 2012.

1. I remember him in 'The Hill'

2. The original and the best,nobody has come even close to him in that acting role.RIP
    201031083434-02-sean-connery-lead-image-large-169.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. and in "Hell Drivers" where he had more stage presence than the "higher billed" Stanley Baker, and gave a great insight as to what was to come.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Very Sad.... but he must have had a good life!

You realise your getting old... when you know all the ones he have been dying this year were memories from your child hood....

RIP Commander Bond!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. THE James Bond & the one who all others were & will be judged !

What a legacy he left, thoughts are with all his family & friends & all us lovers around the world :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  6. But for the funniest line in any Bond movie, I think that should go to the lawman in the Roger Moore Bond film.....

"Secret agent?..........On whose side?"

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. The best Bond quip was in Never say Never Again
    Girl water climbs out of the water and bumps into Bond and apologises saying “Oh you’re all wet”

Bond gives a smile and says
    “Yes, but my martini is still dry”

Best line in a bond film
    “Do you expect me to talk?”
    “No Mr Bond, I expect you to die”

8. Oh c’mon my title was funny if not in bad taste. :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. I love that movie , but for me , it was Patrick McGoohan who stole the show .... the precious cigarette case ?

But anyway , Resht In Peashe Mr Connery , and as someone else mentioned ....
    ... he packed a lot of living into those 90 years !

10. no doubt about McGoohan, i'm his biggest fan via DangerMan, The Prisoner, etc, etc and how I came to rate HellDrivers so highly despite the almost laughable speeded-up truck sequences (best they could do in the day). I'm not much of a Connery fan but didn't want to steal his Thunder today..

#1970 Chris, Oct 31, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2020
  11. For anyone that interested,tonight at 9 / BBC2 there's a programme on sean.

12. Very sad news.....just put League of Extraordinary Gentlemen on.....

13. Big Tam used to deliver milk to the School I went to in Edinburgh which has, as a bizarre coincidence, an alumnae plaque in the main corridor to Cmdr. James Bond RN, one of its more famous former pupils!

As for good films, let us not forget "The Man who would be King". Proper ripping yarn. Or Time Bandits, the Untouchables, The hunt for red October, The Longest Day and Zardoz just for the big fella in a red mankini waving a Webly 45 about because I still don't know what the feck it's about! There are many, many more.

14. Nah, best one liner in a Bond Film, Roger Moore in Moonraker, "just attempting re-entry now sir"

However Sean Connery was the best Bond.

15. As neither of the quotes I posted is a one liner then I’m still right

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Re: Spitting Image in the 1980s - the only person to both provide impressions and be featured as a puppet on the satirical show.
    R.I.P.

17. Also rather good as a barrister in John Judge Deed.RIP

• Like Like x 1
  18. Times up, sessions over.
    :(

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information