1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sad sad news re 470four

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by duc904red, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Steve, would you be able to pass the wreath on? Whereabouts are you anyway? My sister is a florist in south Gloucestershire if that's any good.

2. No point trying to over analyse, Steve, sounds like you have a family and group of good friends that will almost certainly pull together for you now. Use them to unload, talk to, etc

cannot begin to imagine where you are right, but sending my sincerest sympathies to you and his friends and family.

and I won't ask what size his boots are...

3. Dreadfull news and very sad - sometimes it's hard to keep smiling, so take a deep breath and keep on keeping on _ Best Wishes to all despite all the cr@p

4. I'm posting this on behalf of Duc904red

'Yes Darren was a friend we lived only a couple of miles apart. l had not been able to get ahold of him for a couple of days phone off no reply to texts no reply at his door etc. Yesterday morning a tearful woman was at my door saying she was Darrens partner and she was very concerned about him he had not responded to her since thurs evening.
    I visited thinking maybe it was just her he did not want see ,she had tried to get him to answer the door earlier that morning. l wet to try spoke to neighbours etc
    tried to gain access very worried , car, bike and cats at home. Very worried as Darren never walked anywhere. Called emergency services with a horrible sense of forboding, praying that he would be out through his busted front door calling me a fucking twat but it was not to be.
    Darren was very private in many ways, but incredibly open in others
    l have lost a friend'

• Like Like x 1
  5. Such sad news. I didn't know him but I bought a case saver from him and he was always so active on here. He made it very easy for members to join in the banter and was very knowledgeable. Such a shame.

Thoughts go out to friends and family.

6. Gutted. Only knew him on here yet dumbstruck just the same. Terribly, terribly sad. Condolences to his kith & kin and you too Duc904red. Please hang in there during this sad time.

For Gods sake if anyone feels like this just talk to someone; on here if necessary, you might be surprised at how many people actually care for you, even un-met and behind a keyboard.

RIP brother. I'm sure I'll meet you one day, but not yet, not yet.

Marty aka MJW61.

• Like Like x 1
  7. As he promised me my stuff arrived today, registered delivery. I'll always remember him as someone very skilled with metal and with a good sense of humour as many of his Facebook pages demonstrated. My SuperPantah project will wear his parts with pride, as he wanted. The daft bugger even sent me and the family a Xmas card. RIP.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
    • Love You Love You x 1
  8. Just seen this thread - Unbelievable. Like many on here I only knew Darren via the forums and his passion for bikes, such a shame. I wish his family & friends all my condolences during this trying time, hope your OK Steve.

RIP - 470four - Darren 'Honducati' Eggleton

Pablo

9. Very sad news that someone can feel so lonely at a time when we should all be able to find comfort in friends and family.

My thoughts go out to his family.

10. How very sad. My thoughts and sincere condolences to his Family and friends.

RIP.

11. Sad news made even worse so close to a time were we spend time as a family....rest in peace mate.

12. sad

very sad many tears .

13. Tell me about it l have just recieved a 3 page letterfrom Darren

Steve B

14. Not good mate.

15. Im so sorry to be reading this. I dont know what to say.

16. Steve,

I know it is of very little consolation but, although your happy memories of Darren will never fade, the pain of his sudden passing will over time.

Talk to your friends, family and as many people who are prepared to listen about this as much as possible when you are ready.

Thoughts are with you, your mutual friends and family and Darrens family and althoug i never knew him personally, I will be having a wee tot in his memory.

17. Very sad news, I didn't know the guy except via the forum. I'm also sorry you're having to go through this Steve, wish you all the best.

18. I'm out for my works dinner tonight, I'll be raising a glass or ten to him.

19. Steve B, I hope you can find your way out of your current despair, from everything put on here, there was nothing you could do to prevent this. If there is anything we can do please pm me. If the family have any requests for donations I'm sure you will let us know so we can contribute in his memory. Thoughts are with you. Chris

• Like Like x 1
  20. Just awful news. RIP mate.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information