1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Safety Recall 925

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Derek, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Got my letter, but it will be inspected at annual service and go from there. Bit of a nuisance if it has to be a new throttle, as I have heated grips with well worn rubbers, covered by grip puppies and Barkbusters fitted.

2. So I received a letter today from Ducati UK which clearly states Safety Recall 925 and quotes my frame number. The bottom line in their words is that "it is essential the throttle housing is changed as soon as possible". I also have to acknowledge that the recall has been completed as the recall response is being monitored by VOSA. Is there more than one message out there ? Andy

3. its just the throttle housing not the grip part

• Like Like x 1
  4. got the letter today.

Throttle cable housing apparently, is this a turn up and wait job ( if you've booked it in ) or will they need it for a while.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Yes got one through door as well

6. Just got home to find 4 identical letters telling me about recall 925 all of them quoting identical frame numbers....

7. Me too.

8. If they see aa problem its a 3 hour job apparently. I suspect it will be two trips, 1 to check and if necessary the second to replace.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. That looks to me like your bike is a ringer ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Hope not, it's a 180 mile round trip for me.

• Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  11. I've just got recall for bike I sold a year back so if you own EU62YVW you'll need to take it in

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. I got the letter too! Now where did i put the Mutley :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. My Mutley is booked in for next Saturday afternoon at Riders of Bristol. Hmmm, I may have to take the 1299 Panigale out for a test ride while I wait :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Thread merge?

15. The recall is for the throttle housing. There's a modified part to fit. This takes 15 minutes. Whilst apart the cables have to be inspected. If they are damaged, then it's a bigger job and will take a while longer.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Recommended as a one off.
    I did the same but when I'd frightened myself shitless I was glad to get back on my Mutley :Jawdrop:

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. This for all Mutleys? Not had anything yet for my twinspark

18. i haven't had a letter for my 2014 GT, YET !

19. Called in Riders yesterday to enquire about this recall, they checked their (computer says no) :) and they said there is a recall on it, I'm not sure but I think it's been stated before on here but there could be two types of job on it, one is a 20min fix, no problem, but the other is a several hour fix which warrants photographic evidence before commencement. But that's not the worse bit, apparently they don't have the parts to do it anyway and not sure when they'll come in ?

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information