1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Safety Recall 925

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Derek, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Mine was in Saturday, P&H specifically checked if I had heated grips before ordering the parts. Seems all good.

2. Mine is in at P&H next week and they also checked if I had heated grips.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Yes I was asked beforehand if I had heated grips. Blame your dealer....

4. Not had any letter regarding this at all so far. Guess I better do the leg work myself. Anyone who purchased a MTS from Riders had any of the fix done? Did they contact you?

5. No letter but little fix done at service anyway ( modified throttle cable bracket with longer inner cable run ). I didn't know there were differences between heated and non-heated grip versions-they still work so hope they've been done correctly.
    Service plus fixing rear brake took 6 hours due to bad fasteners! M&S only charged for the official 2.5 hours so big up to them!

6. Had recall done today at SMC Sheffield, took then 15mins in total (non heated grip bike)

7. Had mine done last week by Riders during my 2 year service.

8. Me nether, and I'd be surprised if DMC Preston send me a letter about it, after all I paid for my bike before I got it and they know I'd never buy another Ducati so why try and keep me sweet.

9. If your bike was included in the recall the letter would come from Ducati UK not the dealer although they can check if it is required on their system

10. :Woot::Woot::Woot::Woot::Woot::Woot::Woot::Woot::Woot::Woot::Woot: Riders contact you for recall work? :Woot::Woot::Woot::Woot::Woot::Woot::Woot::Woot::Woot::Woot: You're 'avin a laugh.
    I've had to contact them for all recall work in the 3 years I've had my bike they have never once contacted me.

11. Same here TT, whenever I've asked them about recalls and the extended warranty debacle, they had a look of surprise on their faces

12. Same for me. I read about the recall on here and then went into the branch and asked for them to do it ASAP.

Deaks :)

13. Well the recall finally made it to Australia....I suppose the mail takes time on the tall ships! Our letter says they are replacing the "Throttle Control Front Half Housing" for MY 10-14. Best get it done I suppose!

14. PK, don't forget, as mentioned earlier there's a difference between heated and non heated grips. But thinking about it what the feck would you want heated grips for :)

• Like Like x 2
  15. Broke, thanks for the tip. No heated grips on mine......

16. Just got the new housing installed yesterday , you can tell the new housings by the D through the Ducati kind of circular symbol on the new housing , old housing just had the circular Ducati symbol .

17. Anyone know the part number for the heated grips model ?

18. Had mine done at last. Wondered into Riders at lunch time to enquire if the bike was needing it done, looked up on the computer and said yes and immediately did it while I was waiting - about 15 minutes tops.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information